It sounds kinda liek Eb to me . But it might be lower? Hell i dunno

Re: What does nile tune to

They tune to-

A E A D F# B

Later-
    John

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Lol how tone-deaf are you!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      j/k

Are you sure? I was messing around the other day and "Amongst the Catacombs of Nephron Ka" was on and I wandered over to my Bb tuned guitar and it seemed to be like a semitone lower, meaning that the album seemed to be in B...
      But thats just me, I could be mistaken?....

Jamesy

Comment

A semi-tone lower then Bb is A...a semi-tone higher would be B...who's tone deaf now?

Comment

I mean my guitar was a semitone lower. Meaning that the Nile album seemed to be in B, no in A, as my guitar was tuned to Bb
          So [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

I'm pretty sure some of Black Seeds is in B at least, but I'm positive I've read that they've been tuned to dropped A many times....maybe a couple of tunes on Black Seeds don't have the B dropped a step, who knows....they're sure as hell tuned low though!

Nevermore are the only band to make Eb seem as heavy as B [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

John is right.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
                Nevermore are the only band to make Eb seem as heavy as B [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, DHIADW had Jeff playing some songs with a 7-string, so some of it was in B. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

And for the longest time, Cannibal Corpse also played in Eb on their regular 6-strings before they moved up to 7s.

Not too many bands still play in E or Eb, but I believe The Haunted do, and they're pretty awesome!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Iced Earth does Eb, this doesn't really purtain to anything but i'm bored.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*cough* black sabbath could do it with E *cough* [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Haunted's new album is dropped to D, haven't heard it yet but I'll be interetsed to see if it retains the punch of the first 2.

Sabbath regularly dropped belo E did they not?

You can't beat the thud of B though, hampoers my speed playing though - not that that's up to much - lol.

Comment

Actually, yeah, I think parts of the new Haunted album are D (not sure if the whole album is or not). I just haven't really listened to it as much, but it is a pretty good album. And Sabbath did indeed tune down a lot of their songs to like C or B, if I recall. How Tony did it with 8s for strings, I have no idea!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, DHIADW had Jeff playing some songs with a 7-string, so some of it was in B. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

And for the longest time, Cannibal Corpse also played in Eb on their regular 6-strings before they moved up to 7s.

Not too many bands still play in E or Eb, but I believe The Haunted do, and they're pretty awesome!
                          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm totally aware the last Nevermore was in Bb on a 7 string, but Politics of Ecstasy and Dreaming Neon Black are pure Eb 6 string goodness and I've never heard anything has heavy as those two albums in my entire life [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] (man I sound like a Nevermore fanboy... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

And the new Haunted is entirely in D...good record! Just saw em a few weeks ago [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Also, Sabbath played tons of stuff in C#, ever since like Master Of Reality I believe...and yeah, Black Sabbath are ****ing heavy too, the song Black Sabbath is in G for gods sake, a minor third higher then E!

[ May 28, 2003, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: DumpyWumpy ]

Comment

Working...
                          X