Scott Ian playing a Gibson Flying V!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Ian playing a Gibson Flying V!

So I don't know if this is considered news or not but since Alexi and Dave have recently jumped ship I saw this picture and was a bit surprized. In Scott Ian's new Alpha Mail article he talks about Jamming with the band Ministry and there is a picture of him on stage with them playing a black Gibson Flying V. So is it one of his guitars or was it a member of Ministry's guitar that he's using?
    http://www.anthraxtheband.com/html/A...s/ScottAl1.jpg
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: Scott Ian playing a Gibson Flying V!

Don't know if it's his or not, but Scott does own a Gibson SG that I've seen him photographed live with.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ministry's guitarist indeed uses Gibson Vs, so it could very well belong to him.

Comment

If you read what Scott wrote, he states that Al J. let him play his Gibson V.

Comment

But Ive actually seen a picture of Scott Ian with a black w/white scratchplate Gibson Flying V, but it was an old one, he had hair! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Now it may not have been Scott Ian, but the caption said it was...

James

Comment

I know it's wandering off topic a bit, but I saw the old "Madhouse" vid recently. Scott with hair,a white Rhoads and camo 4x12s! (Sigh) those were the days...
            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, white Rhoads with NYHC logo on it, chrome Floyd. I don't think it had a pickguard either, did it? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] On the Among The Living tour, he was endorsed by ESP and used their original Eclipse model (Telecaster shape, later turned into the Les Paul shape of today).
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X