**** we lost more to esp !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** we lost more to esp !

the Charon guys just signed to esp that dude from Evaescence just signed [not that I care about him] , Gwar use to play Jackson now they are with esp , and good old Dave Mustaine , holy **** is anyone not with esp ? what the **** are they offering them [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] tits and guitars [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , **** they are the bill gates of the guitar world or something [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] . //Steve

Re: **** we lost more to esp !

I'll back you up 100%. I don't know why the phuck they all went to esp, but oh well...

Comment

Didn't McD say that they are working on a custom Jackson for the guy from Evanescence right now? (in General J/C talk)
      [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Yup, he said that. Have Evanescence one or two guitarists? Maybe it's the same as in Slayer... Jeff endorses ESP, Kerry (probably?) pays for his BC Richs.
        I second the Microsoft comparison, ESP endorses everyone and their mother.

Comment

It's no surprise. ESP has been blatantly targeting anyone with a Jackson for years now.

The worst part is that Jackson does nothing. They don't even try to match the offers from ESP, nevertheless beat them. Sometimes they act like they don't want any endorsees at all. Like it or not, getting talent costs, and keeping it costs more.

I like Jackson guitars, but Jackson, as a company, deserves this and will continue to deserve this until it starts digging in it's pockets to give endorsees a reason to stick around.

Comment

....or until Fender buries it in a shallow grave in the back yard.

Comment

After seeing ESP custom shop quotes and the prices on the Artist guitars like Hanneman etc, I can see how they can afford to pay those endorsees so much...

If jackson prices stay reasonable as they are, I'm happy with everyone leaving for ESP...

Do you REALLY wanna pay $3000 for a Dave Mustaine series Jackson to give half that to paying the endorsees???? Not!!

I like jackson and could care less that someone big plays them.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am with ya on that one too. I can almost guarantee that when all these endorsee's found out Fender bought Jackson, they imediately called and demaded more $$ because it's a larger company.

Everyone can ***** at Fender for being a big company and acting like an evil corporation, but every single one of these endorsee's is playing the model of guitar they are for one reason and one reason only. MONEY

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> After seeing ESP custom shop quotes and the prices on the Artist guitars like Hanneman etc, I can see how they can afford to pay those endorsees so much...

If jackson prices stay reasonable as they are, I'm happy with everyone leaving for ESP...

Do you REALLY wanna pay $3000 for a Dave Mustaine series Jackson to give half that to paying the endorsees???? Not!!

I like jackson and could care less that someone big plays them.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am with ya on that one too. I can almost guarantee that when all these endorsee's found out Fender bought Jackson, they imediately called and demaded more $$ because it's a larger company.

Everyone can ***** at Fender for being a big company and acting like an evil corporation, but every single one of these endorsee's is playing the model of guitar they are for one reason and one reason only. MONEY

Matt
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">dude I guarantee that those dudes except for the scott ian , dave mustaine , marty freidman , and Randy Rhoads sig models, probably get no cash at all just a couple of free guitars a year , like **** we were in a Jackson ad for 6 months and we didn't get a bloody dime or free gear at all , accually we got a jt 580 lp trem [with no bar] and some custom shop hats for the whole band and then dropped , and we were going to be droped anyway cause we have no label right now so the only reason we got that stuff is because we threated legal action cause of the ad , and the only reason I did that was cause all I wanted was was some ****ing trem saddels for mt jt 580 bridge and they couldn't even bloody email me back and say No or Yes [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] and I have talked to lots of Jackson endorsers and they all got the same respect that we did [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But I will say that Brian McDonald is the greatest guy around and very helpful and tryed his best to accomidate us , the pr staff totally sucks [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ok they were all right but for someone of this size [fender] you'd expect more if you know what I mean . if they keep treating everyone like this [and I know we weren't the only ones] they will lose the entire market to esp and Ibanez , it's really sad cause I love Jackson guitars Usa and Imports more than any guitars ever !!!!!!!! and I still play em and have no plans to play esp [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] or any other **** guitars , ok the others aren't that bad but Jackson completely blows em out of the water ! //Steve

Comment

dude I guarantee that those dudes except for the scott ian , dave mustaine , marty freidman , and Randy Rhoads sig models, probably get no cash at all just a couple of free guitars
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you misread our man...

WE KNOW jackson doesn't pay endorses... That's PROBABLY why the guitars are half the cost of an ESP...

ESP does pay endorsees, and THAT'S why they cost twice as much...

That's what we were getting at.

Real players will seek out a quality guitar for a reasonable cost if Jackson keeps that end of the deal up.

The players that buy the ESPeees because of the Endorsees, are buying the low end stuff anyways.

And by the time ESP/Ibeenbads pay all the Endorsees etc, they probably have a similar profit margin as jackson... Just a bigger name.

I'd say jackson can survive doing what they're doing. Look at all the companies like Anderson etc... How may endorsees are they paying?

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:

Matt
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's true, and why did you form OnlineStageGear? MONEY. Why do you sponsor the JCF? MONEY. I'm sure a Jackson dealer has a more lucrative business arrangement with FMIC than a Jackson-endorsed artist does, or you'd pick another line. The long-term endorsees put in their time but never got a raise; it's a guitar company, not their mother country, so it ain't treason to go
                    with a different make to get some $.
                    Again, most here who say they'd never switch for money, would never get the offer, so that talk is kinda cheap.

I also agree that I don't care who's playing what, I'll decide what I want to
                    play. Jackson is more reasonably priced with higher quality. IF they can survive
                    without high-profile endorsees, then fine. That remains to be seen, though,
                    so let's hope for the best.

Comment

wow

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> dude I guarantee that those dudes except for the scott ian , dave mustaine , marty freidman , and Randy Rhoads sig models, probably get no cash at all just a couple of free guitars
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you misread our man...

WE KNOW jackson doesn't pay endorses... That's PROBABLY why the guitars are half the cost of an ESP...

ESP does pay endorsees, and THAT'S why they cost twice as much...

That's what we were getting at.

Real players will seek out a quality guitar for a reasonable cost if Jackson keeps that end of the deal up.

The players that buy the ESPeees because of the Endorsees, are buying the low end stuff anyways.

And by the time ESP/Ibeenbads pay all the Endorsees etc, they probably have a similar profit margin as jackson... Just a bigger name.

I'd say jackson can survive doing what they're doing. Look at all the companies like Anderson etc... How may endorsees are they paying?
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sorry Cleve I didn't mean to piss you or Matt off and I wasn't trying to be a know it all and I kinda did miss read abit I think [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] anyway time for more coffee [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Guys, please don't be confused...there are two guitarists in Evanescence. The big dog of the two who is the cofounder of the band is the Jackson player...he seems to be pro-Jackson to the bone too, proudly displaying his IMPORT DKMG in Guitar One. We need more men like him!!

Comment

Actualy alot of the endorsement deals do include cash but it obviously depends on who you are. The deal Dave Mustain had is worth more than most of us make. I am sure Phil Collen gets even more.

Again, most here who say they'd never switch for money, would never get the offer, so that talk is kinda cheap.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good Point.

One thing to keep in mind was that AMIC was afraid to make any decisions that might interupt the flow of what they had going on like getting a new endorsee or letting go of a current one. Just because Fender picks up a new one or let go of an old one, they are still making the same quality instruments they always have.

Matt

Comment

sorry Cleve I didn't mean to piss you or Matt off and I wasn't trying to be a know it all and I kinda did miss read abit I think anyway time for more coffee //Steve
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oops, sorry if that looked like i was pissed, I wasn't. I was just respeaking what I meant sorta... Not pissy, haha...

Comment

Working...
                              X