Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Metallica have finally come to their senses again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Metallica have finally come to their senses again...

This is the setlist for May 18th gig at the fillmore in SF:

Hit The Lights
    The 4 Horsemen
    Harvester Of Sorrow
    Sanitarium
    Frantic
    Sad But True
    Phantom Lord
    Leper Messiah
    No Remorse
    Fade To Black
    Master Of Puppets
    Damage Inc
    Ride The Lightning
    Bellz
    Blackened
    Last Caress
    Am I Evil?
    Motorbreath

Taken from www.metallica.com, so I guess it's about correct. Just one song from the black album, everything else is early stuff... plus that new song. Now I wouldn't mind if they kept on doing that (dropping all that crap from the setlist) and playing sets like this one.

Re: Looks like Metallica have finally come to their senses again...

I saw that earlier today. I can't EVER recall seeing Metallica play Phantom Lord live, or Hit the Lights all the way thru. No Remorse is also a surprise. That is a freaking AWESOME setlist. Leper Messiah! DAMAGE INC! I hope they release a live DVD or something off of their tour by themselves with that kind of a setlist...sah-weet.

By the way, the medley on MTV Icon of the old stuff, was it in E or Eb? I wasn't sure. I know it's good they are keeping the old stuff close to E even though the new stuff is down in the B/C area.

[ May 19, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Guitarzan ]

Comment

I have no idea about that MTV crap, but I guess it's in Eb standard - almost everything was done in Eb standard since '95. That setlist does indeed kick ass, I hope they stick with it for the real tour - Damage Inc, Ride The Lightning... wooohooo! One of few things missing in that list is Fight Fire With Fire.
      They did play Phantom Lord live, though, maybe not with that slower middle part but they did play the most of it...
      Another thing that really surprises me that Lar$ is still alive and kicking after that show... and they're playing 3 more nights there!

[ May 19, 2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Baum83 ]

Comment

Holy ****-no Enter Sandman!

Comment

cool beans.

Comment

Originally posted by New Found Power:
            Holy ****-no Enter Sandman!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good. I am sick of that damn song. It has been unescapable for the last 12 years since it came out.

Comment

Blah, they always end with moterbreath. Never really liked that one, but now i'm starting to... Ever have that happen?

Comment

I Have seen Metallica many, many times. It simply isn't a complete Metallica show without 'Creeping Death'. I remember the first couple of times when I saw Metallica, James used to lead the crowd into chanting 'Die, Die, Die' over and over again. After a few years, he no longer had to prompt the crowd. Something about an entire auditiorium of people chanting 'Die' just did it for me. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ May 19, 2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Metalcop ]

Comment

About half that list isn't their music. Amazing they're still playing so many songs written or co-written by Mustaine.

Like I said before, Metallica is the greatest cover band of all time.
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Just saw that myself on Metallica.com. Surprised nobody mentioned that the first pic shows Kurt playing his old black RHOADS!!!

They must have St. Anger under heavy-duty security. I've been trying to download tunes from it for weeks now and keep getting crap... nothing real. It's gotta start leaking soon. Radio stations should begin getting advanced copies of St. Anger just any day.

One thing I will guarantee!!! St. Anger will be the most downloaded CD of 2003 by a longshot [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno:
                      About half that list isn't their music. Amazing they're still playing so many songs written or co-written by Mustaine.

Like I said before, Metallica is the greatest cover band of all time.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, he co-wrote a few tunes in that list, meaning they participated in the writing, thus they are their songs.

Comment

The tribute band I work for
                        HANGAR 18

always plays Mechanix.

One time, we played with Creeping Death
                        http://www.creepingdeathonline.com/
                        and they invited Will up for 4 Horseman. Lots of peeps got confused! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ohh yes, enter sandman is way ****ing boring, good thing they left it out...They're playing damage Inc., how awesome is that, that song is kiler.
                          Cheers

Comment

like i always say... dave mustain wrote half the best songs!
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Cool setlist [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X