New Anthrax Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Anthrax Album

Has anyone here checked out the new Anthrax album, We’ve Come for You All? If not I would highly recommend doing so, I think it’s one of the top metal albums released this year thus far. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: New Anthrax Album

I'll be stopping by the record store on the way home to pick it up. Some of the reviews have been so-so, but I haven't been disappointed in any of the releases with John Bush on vocals. (big Armored Saint fan also!)
    Thanks for the reminder. [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm a huge Anthrax fan up through Sound of White Noise...their music is easily at least 2/3 of what I play. After SOWN, I really haven't cared for anything they have done, it's been incredibly disappointing. I think Scott Ian just got way too much into Slayer/Pantera that he's always seemed to worship--two bands I absolutely can't stand. To me, Anthrax ceased to be Anthrax after that album. It's funny, my 2 fave bands back then were Metallica and Anthrax. I don't listen to newer Metallica because I think their music washed out into lameness, and don't listen to newer Anthrax because their music got "heavier" in a way I can't stand.

Please, somebody, bring back crisp, clear, defined music, with cool, real riffs instead of all this mooshy thrown-together sounding stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
        How's the new lead guitar player Rob? I know he was a former student of Joe Stump up at Berklee (even plays EPS too) but how does he come across on record?

I'm gonna pick it up on my day off work Monday.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't think the lead work on this album was all that impressive, however there are some really cool riffs. Well what do I know anyway, I can't solo for s**t.

[ May 16, 2003, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Chris Lantz ]

Comment

I was going to get it last weekend, but I picked up the new Zakk Wylde instead, The Blessed Hellride, which kicks major ass! I'll get the new Anthrax soon. I've got all their other stuff except for Volume 8, which I'll eventually get, too! LOL Too bad Paul Crook isn't with them any more... I met him last summer, great guy, great player. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Couldn't swing a TWO CD purchase, eh Joe?
            [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

J/K man.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Actually, I did. I got the Prototype cd Trinity. And I picked up the new Cher cd for mom for Mother's day... I just couldn't splurge for another! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I got my wife the Cher CD for Mother's Day and I picked up the Anthrax for myself.

Dimebag plays a few leads on the CD and I haven't payed much attention to the other leads yet...not that there's a ton of leads on the record to begin with.

Comment

I picked this up a couple days ago. I really like it. It's pretty solid all around with only 1 stinker (Strap It On). The leads aren't that great, but they really haven't been since Danny left (IMHO). I would say this is their best with John Bush. I think my fav tune on this is Cadillac Rock Box, 1) because it is so obviously influenced by Kiss, and 2) it is a fun track in the way some of the old Belladonna stuff was - fun.

Comment

To me, Anthrax isn't Anthrax without Danny and Joey in it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I just can't get into their newer stuff...

Comment

Danny was awesome, and my solo technique is very staccato and similar to his where I pick just about every note (even though I suck at soloing anyway). I remember seeing a lesson with him in an old GW mag where he demonstrated a neat warm-up finger and picking exercise using all four fingers on every string, up and down the neck, and I still use that warm-up today.
                      I also used to love Joey's voice, but I think John is better and fits better in the band. I don't know why, but half the old stuff I listen to with Joey now I can't stand. I actually prefer the first album with Neil Turbin better than Joey.

Comment

I beleive Anthrax is not as original as they were when Joey and Dan were with them. Their material back then was ahead of the curve and since has barely kept up. Just listen to Among the Living,State of Euphoria,Spreading the Disease all very original and distinctly different from the norm of the time. JMO. However still glad Anthrax is still kickin out cd's. Just would like to see a original line up reunion. Now that would Kick Ass.

Ric

Comment

I got it last friday. I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me.

It's got elements of Sound of White Noise mixed in with Vol 8 and Stomp 442. My only complaint is that I wish they went back to using more innovative riffs like on Among the Living. Charlie does some killer double bass on a couple of songs. Overall I think it's a pretty solid record.

Comment

How's the new lead guitar player Rob? I know he was a former student of Joe Stump up at Berklee (even plays EPS too) but how does he come across on record?

I'm gonna pick it up on my day off work Monday.
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Will be one of the best metal albums this year !

Comment

Working...
                              X