X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schenker Fans

I am having GMW do a Michael Schenker V replica:

http://www.gmwguitars.com/class/rockreplicas.html

Any suggestions for pickup combinations?

Thanks

Re: Schenker Fans

I've been wanting to do that finish to my Gothic V, how much are they charging? (if you don't mind me asking)
    As for pickups, I like the SD Custom 5 + Pearly Gates. The stock Gibson pickups sound muddy to me. Of course, you'll get dozens of varying opinions! (I seem to be changing pickups every couple of weeks)

Comment

I would go with a Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck and a Dimarzio Fred in the bridge. A little on the nose I know but it's got that Gibson sound only more ballsy like you need for Schenker.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Swillmaster:
        I've been wanting to do that finish to my Gothic V, how much are they charging? (if you don't mind me asking)
        As for pickups, I like the SD Custom 5 + Pearly Gates. The stock Gibson pickups sound muddy to me. Of course, you'll get dozens of varying opinions! (I seem to be changing pickups every couple of weeks)
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are building it from scratch for $1800.

Comment

Whatever Michael used is what I would put in. I am sure it is easy to find out.
          I would go with vintage creme Dimarzio Super Distortions. Classics for a classic!

Comment

I think he uses a Seymour Duncan 59 and a Custom...I can't remember but I know where to find out.

Comment

I thought he used a Gibson 500T in the bridge?

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I think all of those GMW guitars looks amazing

Comment

EMG Duncan and Schaller are what he said he liked back in 88.
                  Never said what models though. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X