Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Mustaine announcement on Megadeth.com

Just saw this at www.megadeth.com
    "Dave has made a final decision on a new guitar manufacturer to produce his signature model. An official press release will be coming in the next few days detailing where he's gone and what to expect. The new maker is standing by ready to take orders." [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re: Dave Mustaine announcement on Megadeth.com

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

::sarcasm on:: Gee, I wonder what company it will be? ::sarcasm off::

But seriously, it's almost a given now that it's gonna be Gibson.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Whaaaat? Why the hell did he leave Jackson?!

Comment

Now... if he can make contracts for a signature model, I guess he's able to play guitar, or will be soon. A Megadeth reunion within the next few years may not sound too far-fetched now...

Comment

It was rumored he was going with ESP, and it was also rumored he was going to reform Megadeth with a whole new lineup. We'll have to see what happens.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Check out the offical Megadeth website. He talks about playing guitar at a recent gathering after a friends death to drug abuse.

He may be in no rush to get anything out at the moment due to the pending Metallica album due out next month.

[ May 15, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

itll be cool to see what he comes out with. Ive absolutely loved every other signature guitar hes ever had (the only thing that kept me from getting a y2kv is that they stopped making it a month before i wouldve got one). Maybe ill have a new guitar to start saving for.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo:
                  Freshen me up here boys ... why did he split with Jackson?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                  Originally posted by DarkMare:
                  Whaaaat? Why the hell did he leave Jackson?!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You boys been living under a rock? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

It was a he said/he said situation...either Fender was the bad guy or Dave was. Either way there was a break, and Y2KVs were discontinued.
                  [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                  Do a search for Mustaine...
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Okay, I haven't followed this for a month or so. Where do you get that it's a "given" that Dave's new sig model is from Gibson? If so, I think that's great. It would mean he's finally "arrived" to the same recognition status as his hero, Michael Schenker.

Can't say as I'd expect any sig model Gibson to be even close to affordable, though. And they didn't even give Tony Iommi a neck-through...
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Freshen me up here boys ... why did he split with Jackson?
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Can't wait to see his new guitar

[ May 16, 2003, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

Comment

I'm thinking it will most likely be an ESP [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , but I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno:
                            Okay, I haven't followed this for a month or so. Where do you get that it's a "given" that Dave's new sig model is from Gibson? If so, I think that's great. It would mean he's finally "arrived" to the same recognition status as his hero, Michael Schenker.

Can't say as I'd expect any sig model Gibson to be even close to affordable, though. And they didn't even give Tony Iommi a neck-through...
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your right about the cost thing, but if he does ggo with Gibson then there will be an Epiphone version soon to follow. Contrary to what many say Epiphones are not bad, you just have to play a bunch of them (like any guitar) to find the jem.
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] I dont really care where he goes , but most likely ESP because they have so many artist useing them its a mind trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X