Immortal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immortal

Does anybody know what kind of setup Abbath from Immortal uses ? It looks to be a Jackson Rhoads with a H/S/S config, which i have never seen before. anybody know ?
    [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Immortal

Don't know about that guitar, but I know they are gonna play at the Roskilde Festival this summer and I'm gonna be there headbanging [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[ May 12, 2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

Comment

I belive it is a Hex http://www.gothiccustomguitars.com/.

When I saw them a few weeks ago, they had huge black flags (with the Immortal "I") standing in front of both his amp, and the bassists amp.

But suddenly, Immortal is not on the Hex site anymore.

[ May 15, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: KE ]
      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

His rig is in an old issue of Guitar One, it says for the album Sons Of The Northern Darkness he used a Jackson Randy Rhoads model, Marshall amps, and Marshall cabinets it doesnt say whatseries of Marshall though and I don't know the date of the issue because the covers torn off.

Jay

Comment

Here is a picture of Abbath and his guitar to help identify if anybody knows what it is:

Comment

I just saw them with Halford, Testament, and primal Fear and sadly they were horrible...

I was pissed I had buy an Immortal baby doll T-shirt for my gfriend as they were the only ones that had one!! The shirt looks cool... Band was not sadly.

Comment

Here's a pic I took. It's probably the worst pic I took that night.

Same Guy?

Comment

I can't comment on his guitar but I did see them on the Metal Gods tour (last night in NY btw) and I must say I was not impressed and I'm a black metal fan. Testament stole the show by far but maybe it's because I've seen Halford 3 times this year already.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I thought that they killed that tour off shortyly after the Cleveland show... Good to hear it's still going.

Testament had bad sound here. Halford was a bit better. Primal fear stole the show here by far.

Here's more pics I took if you care to see them.

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/graphi...d/halford.html

Comment

That does not look like abbath to me, and that is strange to hear because every other review I have heard of immortal on metal gods has been great.

@chickenscratch- What kind of black metal do you listen to ? like Dimmu Borgir ? or mayhem emperor darkthrone etc?

Comment

Originally posted by PaddoK:
                      That does not look like abbath to me, and that is strange to hear because every other review I have heard of immortal on metal gods has been great.

@chickenscratch- What kind of black metal do you listen to ? like Dimmu Borgir ? or mayhem emperor darkthrone etc?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well my favorites in the black metal genre are Emperor and Old Man's Child (both Jackson playing bands, how conveinient). That should give you some clue as to what I go for in the style, but by far my favorite type of metal is thrash.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                        Here's a pic I took. It's probably the worst pic I took that night.

Same Guy?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that's nergal from Behemoth. He plays a gibson explorer (what that appears to be) quite a bit. (Their latest album Zos Kia Cultus is excellent, btw; they used to be a bit more black metal but these days they're more death)

Comment

That`s definitely Nergal from Behemoth.
                          I saw Immortal live a few times and they go from average to bad.
                          As for Abbath`s guitar, I DOUBT that`s a Jackson. I think that guitar belonged to Demonaz. And that was an Ibanez.

Comment

I've got some video bootlegs of Immortal, their both pretty boring shows. I'm not the biggest Immortal fan, I was always mid-way with them, but I think they need a second guitar player or something to beefen up their sound, and too add some excitement to their show.

That being said, Pure Holocaust is a kick ass album.

Comment

This guy definetly Nergal from Begemoth.
                              He also plays Gibson Flying V. I saw him one show and he was changed guitar several times...

Comment

Working...
                              X