forbidden's equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forbidden's equipment

sorry if this is off topic but does anyone happen to know what equipment the guitarists for forbidden used?? thanks a bunch.

Re: forbidden\'s equipment

Tim Calvert was a Jackson user by the time "Distortion" came about (and while he was in Nevermore)- he had a one-hum and one-single Soloist - and I think he used Ibanez up through the "Twisted"-era. Craig played several different guitars, but the only one I remember was a Robin Medley. Nice guitar, actually.

Both used Langner preamps and poweramps from "Twisted" onward, if I remember correctly.

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Forbiddon Fing ruled!!!
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Forbidden kicked ass!! Too bad they didn't get the credit they deserved.
        Craig now plays a black Les Paul and formed a band called Manmade God. They're kinda like a pop "supergroup" modern rock/classic rock-type band of the '70s with a poet singer. I've heard the 4 songs on their website... they're not bad, but way different and strange compared to Forbidden.

The early '90s Ultimate Revenge 2 video had Craig playing a black one-hum Kramer and one-hum yellow/black EVH Strathead clone. Glen played a H/S purplish Strat clone. I think they used Marshall amps, if I recall correctly.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks a lot. got another Q. anyone know what humbuckers they used? in particular on the forbidden evil album (i believe it was craig and glenn for lead on that album)??

Comment

Threadsurrection!

Anyways, I just wanted comment about Forbidden, quality stuff. Absolutely excellent music. I watched a bootleg about two weeks ago over at my buddy's place. I've been spinning Forbidden Evil a ton lately and just to top it off I watched their performance on Ultimate Revenge 2 tonight.

Glen Alvelais's solo in 'Through Eyes Of Glass' is fucking crazy. And Craig Locicero's stage presence combined with his quality playing really is inspiring.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

the evh clone that craig played, and the purple one glen played in the Ultimat revenge vid were both pre-pro charvels according to Glen.He says they are both his, he still has them and wont let them go.
                On the twisted tour, craig was playing ibanez and tim was playing jacksons.Marshall heads were all i saw on the stage.The distortion tour Tim and craig used the langner heads and craig was using the robins.Great shows and craig and tim were super cool guys. Even gave Tim a oakland A's jersey i had in the car.Traded for a tour shirt, worked for me.

Comment

Before they got signed they were playing BC Rich... I specifically remember a day glo yellow and day glo green BC Riches...

It was great sort of seeing them one last time at Thrash of the Titans.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                  X