MTV Icon - Metallica - Tonight 9PM EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTV Icon - Metallica - Tonight 9PM EST

Anybody else going to watch out of pure curiosity? I wonder if they'll play anything off the new CD???

Re: MTV Icon - Metallica - Tonight 9PM EST

They played Frantic (the first track) twice at the actual Icon show over the weekend. Whether it will air or not...I hope it will!

Im still a Metallica fan, even though it's cool to hate them...

Comment

yeah I think they are.. I posted about this in the Unrelated stuff forum.. some guy said they played 2 new Metallica songs, Frantic and St.Anger I think.. should be pretty interesting to watch [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I might watch it

I"ll try anyway. that's in 2 hours! hopefully my asshole roomates will be done with their stupid baseball video game by then.

I don't get sports fans at all. All they do is yell at teh TV and tell the players they suck all the time. At least...my roomates do. But, they are your average biased assholes anyway. I hate them more than life itself.

Comment

Well, if anyone is watching it now:

Sum41 was pretty good

Avril Lavine has a pretty good band, can't sing

Snoop Dog SUCKED!!!!! and couldn't even remember the words to Sad But True... terrible!!!!

Korn did One and was AWESOME!!!!!(and I'm not a Korn fan)

pretty good show so far.......

Comment

Man, the ONE time I want to watch TV and something is wrong with the reception here....and I'm taping it too!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

ok the best ones were:

Korn, Limp Bizkit (sadly enough), and....Metallica.

Worst:

Avril Lavigne. (she cannot sing at all, shoulda been naked)

MTV is worthless, here's an Idea , "Let's honor MEtallica, and then cut off their performance half way through their set, so everyone can watch Ashton Kutcher"

Lousy. What I did hear of the new song was a hell of a lot better than I anticipated though. IT was way more aggressive than Load adn REload.

but MTV should be destroyed.

Comment

Well I will be the first to say that I really like what I heard of the new song!! It sounds like Queens of the Stone Age mixed with old Metallica....really awesome I think!

Comment

Don't worry, you didn't miss much lol. Well... you missed a little bit, like Jim Brewer, and a few other little things. like 2 of the covers sounded good. I think Frantic sounded pretty damn good! Wish they coulda played the entire thing before getting cut off because of the whole time thing though. Hetfield was using a Gibson explorer of some sort i beleive. The snoop dog thing was... well *thinks* It sucked horribly! So i looked at the bright side and laughed at it lol.

[edit]Actually, nevermind what i said. Drip put it perfectly lol.

[ May 06, 2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Kamo ]

Comment

I forgot it was on and only caught the last 35 minutes of it, right before Limp Diksuck went on, but I thought they were pretty good, seems like Fred's voice is actually getting a little better. Is that possible, especially for a guy who's such a dick? [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I thought Metallica's performance was great, and the new song was pretty good until it got cut off.

[ May 06, 2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep, exactly how I felt. I was especially thrilled to hear them play only very heavy, very fast songs from the first 3 albums. Frantic sounded pretty good and I did recognize the song from some of the clips I've downloaded.

Comment

i tuned in near the end of ONE(korn was playing) and i thought the whole thing was cool except the new song. I literally almost barfed [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] . Did you notice how they had the crowd raged with all the old stuff, and then they do the new ****, and it sucks. oh well thats my opinion, I say St. Angers a stinker. but hey, they deserve to be an icon, and if they wanna play ****, you cant do anything about it, Leave em Be. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not a big fan, but I thought it was very cool. Korn rocked, Sum 41 was kinda cool, Limp was good (nice Wes clone ya got there Fred).Over all I give it a 8.7 Great story
                          www.kiddhavok.com
                          www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Don't think it was a Wes clone at all...no makeup, dresses, or monkey suits...

Comment

Same Amp set, hair cut, guitar = CLONE
                              www.kiddhavok.com
                              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Working...
                              X