Rammstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rammstein

I dont know if yall dig them or not but Ive just really gotten into them. They arent guitar wizards but they got some cool riffs. Also they have a cool sound. Any ideas of how to get a tone kind of like theirs? I got a single rectifier. Im going to nab a Boss eq this weekend and see if that gives me a little more to play with. Just wanted to share and maybe find a little more out about them.

[ May 07, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: jackson16 ]

Re: Rammstein

Somebody around here had a pic of their guitar racks on the old board, but that was forever ago. All I remember is that they were HUGE, and were full of expensive stuff.

Comment

They seem really weird. I like their sound though.
      They were the only thing that made XXX worth seeing. I havent heard a lot about them. They seem very aggressive. Ive heard their live shows are awesome. Jackson should nab them as artists. They seem to like fire a lot.

Comment

They were big about 3-4 years ago when they did the two tracks on the Lost Highway soundtrack. Very unique sounding.

Comment

It's

I like 'em too. They're German, so are more popular in Europe.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was going to correct them, but I know how you LIVE for mispelingz!

Comment

Rammstein's cool, but they're more or less a Ministry ripoff band. [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't know about that...Ministry is much heavier and has more a more layered sound I think, with more craziness going on.

Comment

Haha Rammstein are good for a laugh. Their lyrics are pretty silly. Makes me laugh everytime i hear them. But on the other hand singind in german easily sounds ridiculous for native speakers of that language.
                  I really don't like them at all. Sure much better than 99% of the crap playing in radio but that's not hard [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway there are two pics of their rigs on the custom audio electronic homepage. Don't know if they use them also now. Here ya go (nice drool stuff):

Flo
                  http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    It's

I like 'em too. They're German, so are more popular in Europe.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you RacerX, [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I LOVE Rammstein. They are pretty different, the singing in German just sounds badass. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] GREAT driving music. They have some kick ass beats going on. I think ill put some on right now [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

From what I remember, they are pretty big ESP guys.

Comment

ESP and Music Man. Check out their live DVD - pretty awesome!!!

Comment

sorry about the wrong spelling. I had a feeling I spelt it wrong. There songs are pretty simple guitar wise but I like the overall sound and the keyboarding is kind of nifty. I like their sound though they have some really cool riffs and the vocals are cool, I guess cuz everything in German sounds angry.

Comment

yea thats what i love about german. you can be talking about pretty flowers and birds, but it sounds like your going to kill someone.

Comment

YOU'RE going to kill someone

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X