Warren DiMartini (Charvels?) - Joins Dio For Maiden Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren DiMartini (Charvels?) - Joins Dio For Maiden Tour

Didn't he play a lot of Charvels? Anyway, I saw this interesting news on the Maiden BB:

RATT Guitarist Joins DIO! - Apr. 30, 2003

RATT guitarist Warren DeMartini has officially joined DIO as the band's new touring guitarist. Warren replaces Doug Aldrich, who has spent the past few months touring with the reunited WHITESNAKE.

DeMartini's first appearance with DIO will take place as part of the group's upcoming North American tour with IRON MAIDEN and MOTÖRHEAD, which is set to kick off in late July.

During an online chat conducted in February, Aldrich alluded to a possible scheduling conflict between his upcoming WHITESNAKE touring activities and the touring/songwriting sessions with DIO, potentially jeopardizing his status in the latter band.

"Ronnie [James Dio] is at the moment working on the story for the next record and I was hoping to write with him for that record at some point, but these [WHITESNAKE European] dates just came up and I don't know what is going to happen with that [right now]," Aldrich said.

"I am not sure exactly what the future holds with DIO at the moment, but I love working with Ronnie and the band, and I hope to work with him again when schedule permits," he added.

Motorhead - Dio - Maiden: Sounds good to me.

Re: Warren DiMartini (Charvels?) - Joins Dio For Maiden Tour

HOLY MOLEY!!!! That's awesome!!!

Comment

It is great news for some but I'm a huge fan of Doug so I'm really saddened by the it.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

What sucks is they're not playing seattle. I love warren dude. He freakn smokes

[ May 01, 2003, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Drsracing ]
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Love Dio. Love Warren. But how do you think his playing will sit with Dio's music? I hope Whitesnake & Dio can make down this side of the planet sometime soon.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I bet he'll do a great job with DIO! I bet he knows the classics already from his fan days before he himself was a star. If not I'm sure he can handle the
            material without a sweat.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

oh, I wasn't questioning whether he can handle the material. I was wondering more from a stylistic standpoint, considering the guitarists that Dio has had through the band in Viv & Rowan. Although I haven't heard Doug Aldrich play with him either. I'm sure Warren will do a great job, regardless.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Doug Aldrich smokes I would love to see him with Dio. It's cool DiMartini got a shred gig though.

Comment

I think Doug's probably my second favorite guitar player behind Warren. It's interesting that Doug's in Whitesnake and Warren's in Dio - especially since Warren was with Whitesnake back in the early 90's!!

I'm sure Warren can handle the Dio stuff. He and Doug actually have similar styles when it comes to the music they write as individuals. But they can both SHRED! I'd love to see a band with those two together! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

warren is gonna make it better. he was a shred fan in his younger days. i read an article in which georde lynch was talking about when he won the ozzy gig, and it was warren who went over to his house to teach him all the randy tunes. he is a mother-fukka for sure, one of my favs by far.
                    tommy
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I was actually lucky enough to see Dio 3 times with Doug, I was even at the show they recorded for the DVD. I've been a fan of Ronnie for years and I really think him and Doug togetehr were somthing special (keep in mind I'm 22 and did not see Dio with Viv).

Warren I don't know about, he's a great player but I never liked Ratt so maybe that's why it's not sitting well with me.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

...am i the only one who sees this as a horrible stylistic clash? i just have images of slide playing during stand up and shout. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Warren is a very versitale player. He has a distinct style as did Ronnie's other guitar players. He'll be better than Greg Gouldie was. That was a true style clash!
                          1990 Jackson Professional
                          1992 Dean ML
                          2004 Epiphone Flying V
                          2005 Epiphone Dot
                          2009 Fender Stratocaster
                          2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                          2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                          2006 Fender P Bass
                          2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                          1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                          1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                          Custom Pedalboard
                          ADA MP1
                          ADA FX2
                          Tascam 2488

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                            oh, I wasn't questioning whether he can handle the material. I was wondering more from a stylistic standpoint...
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                            Originally posted by the sullster:
                            ...am i the only one who sees this as a horrible stylistic clash?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

DJROBA, do you mean Craig Goldie?
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

If that's how you spell it. He was in guffria(?)HELL,I can't even spell it. I think you know who I mean. Never really a fan of there's. I like Vivian Campbell alot. I met him back in 1987. He was very nice and polite. He signed my Charvel model 1
                              1990 Jackson Professional
                              1992 Dean ML
                              2004 Epiphone Flying V
                              2005 Epiphone Dot
                              2009 Fender Stratocaster
                              2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                              2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                              2006 Fender P Bass
                              2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                              1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                              1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                              Custom Pedalboard