Rhoads with a dean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads with a dean!

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Has anyone seen this pic?? I was going thru some really old Guitar For The Practicing Musicain books and came across this lil' black and white pic.It looks to be a v,though I'm not sure(pic is pretty small!!).

DAN(RHOADSFAN_74)

[ April 27, 2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: dan ]

Re: Rhoads with a dean!

Yes, I've also seen a few pics of him with a Dean. I thought it was an ML model, but maybe it was a V? I can't remember offhand, but it was definitely a Dean.

[ April 27, 2003, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have seen the pics...they were taken from Quiet Riot's "reunion" gig...the Dean was borrowed for the show.

Comment

yep. there's a few of them...i've got a couple, i just have to get them up on the site.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yes, Randy Rhoads DID have a Dean V. Randy would be playing Dean's and you probably never would have heard of Jackson guitars if it wasn't for one of the biggest mistakes of Dean Zelinky's life. Randy called Dean first and asked to speak to Dean about having a custom guitar made. Dean didn't think he was a big enough endorsee so he blew his call off........ enter Grover Jackson.

Comment

Haha sux to be Dean! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] We'd all proably be playing a Dean Rhoads, lol!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !! I wonder how many times ol' Dean has kicked himself for that!! Thanks for the info,just when you think you know everything about a player something always pops up you never knew!

DAN(new informed RHOADSFAN_74)

Comment

ya sure greg? a dean has never been mentioned in any of his equipment lists, nor has it ever been pictured any time other than that qr reunion. not sayin dean is full of it, i actually love that story, but did dean ever tell you exactly what guitar he had? i'd love to know more on that, actually. no biggie, just curious...

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

He said it was a Dean V in his post.

Why would Dean Zelinsky lie about a move
                  that makes hi out to be the Edsel Ford of
                  the guitar biz? I sure wouldn't make up such a bonehead move, and I'd only tell if I knew someone else was gonna expose me for the dimwitted numbnuts that blew off Randy Rhoads!

Of course, by the time Jackson moved from
                  San Dimas to Ontario, Dean was relegated
                  to selling cheap Korean imports through
                  the Sears catalog!! BUAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Then he went out of business completely for a while. He is lucky to be back in business now! If he hadn't gone belly up
                  he could be making real MLs for Darrell instead of Washburn making him copies! Oh well....
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Every single thing that I have ever read (a lot) stated that the Dean was borrowed for that one night only. I have only seen that one single pic of him playing it as well. You would think that there would be way more pictures of him playing at least that one Dean if he actually owned it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

not at all sayin anyone was lying....i just genuinely wanted to know more.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Metalcop:
                        Every single thing that I have ever read (a lot) stated that the Dean was borrowed for that one night only. I have only seen that one single pic of him playing it as well. You would think that there would be way more pictures of him playing at least that one Dean if he actually owned it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AS a policeman, you're aware that a murder may be prosecuted even without a body, correct?

Yeah, you WOULD think, and that may be so, but the fact we haven't seen the evidence doesn't prove that he didn't own one. Lots of guys own guitars that they never gig with or are seen with. Even if he didn't own one, that doesn't mean that his one-night stand with the borrowed Dean didn't lead to him calling Dean Z to ask for a custom.

Again, why would Dean Zelinsky tell a lie
                        that would make him out to be an idiot? I
                        see no possible good for him of this info
                        being known. That causes me to believe
                        he's teling the truth.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lerx what are you trying to say? I really don't get the point of your post...I've seen two pictures of Randy with that guitar, they were almost exactly identical except for he was looking at the camera in one and in the other he was looking at the neck of the guitar. Everything I've heard about that guitar and the whopping two pics I've seen of him with it has lead me to believe that he borrowed it for the gig. I've seen more pictures of him with his 12-string Gibson Firebird even than that Dean.

Comment

Gee, what would Dean Zelinsky have to gain by telling that story? Even the hint that Randy owned a Dean and would have played them, had Dean not blown him off, helps sell Dean guitars. Anything even remotely associated with Randy turns to gold. I'm not saying that Dean lied, I wouldn't have the vaguest idea if that was true. Only that he would stand to gain by telling this (possibly fictitious) story. I made my post going with what little evidence was available. Many articles, websites, and info stating that this guitar was borrowed. And, I have only seen the one photo of Randy with the guitar, but hundreds of him with his other guitars. Lerx, are you a dyed in the wool Dean man, like Greg? What are your motives for defending the hypothesis that Randy actually owned a Dean and would have used them...

Comment

Boxcar, my point is just that just because it hasn't been seen or documented
                              doesn't mean it's not so. Maybe he did own a Dean, maybe not. It's hard to prove a negative (i.e., that he DIDN'T)
                              is all I'm saying.

Metalcop, I've never owned a Dean guitar.
                              I guess since I see people react as though it's blasphemy to think that he may have once wanted to go with Dean, I just want to point out that citing everything we know doesn't mean we know everything. Again, what would Dean Zelinsky stand to gain from this story?
                              Is anybody really going to switch to Dean
                              guitars because he says Randy wanted one?
                              More likely Rhoads fans would shun him for blowing Randy off.

My second paragraph led off "Yeah, you WOULD think, and it may be so...", which
                              admits that you may be right! I simply
                              go on to say that evidence of what we KNOW he owned DOESN"T PRECLUDE the possibility that he owned something we don't know about. I know that's heresy
                              here, but I'm just saying it's POSSIBLE.
                              That's not quite the same as defending the hypothesis directly.
                              Primarily I spoke of Dean Z's story. I can't prove that the story is true or untrue, but I just wonder what you think he'd have to gain by saying it if it weren't true.

[ May 01, 2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X