Marty Friedman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Friedman

Did anyone else notice that he was kind of faggy? He is a awesome guitarist and I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, but does anyone else notice this. Does is disturb anyone else. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Re: Marty Friedman

if you go read on his webpage in the gear section he has a board... once there was a "girl" (who knows) hitting on him there and he replied that he would go out with her... made himself sound available for her...

but yes, he seems a bit the way you say and it is amplified by that Ibanez he is playing now... I dont have anything against that though (the fagginess)... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ April 26, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Well, some of the photos I've seen of him show him wearing some rather odd clothing, but it doesn't really disturb me.

I'm equally not bothered by Rob Halford, or even speculations about Janick Gers' fruity on-stage dancing and rainbow guitar strap.

I think it's really sad when an artist's image takes precedence over his or her music and creative ability. What are we buying from these artists, exactly, when it comes to their music? CDs, or photo albums?

I wasn't trying to pick on you, Journeyman, but for me, it's all about the music. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah lol he certainly does say some fruity things lol. But my best friend dresses like that and worse lol (IMO) and he likes indie and alt rock, but he also likes Megadeth and Metallica and can shred like the best of them lol, so dont be worried, hes fronting my metal band hehe, and he's got a side-parting with short hair. People are going to think we're emo!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        But yeah, we arent buying photo albums, but pretty much all the cds I have I look up to the artists on them, and if all of a sudden one of my hero's appears to be doing stuff I personally arent thrilled about Id be a little disapointed, but hey, its his life. And its not like wearing cardigans negates anything he did with Megadeth. He'll always be the one half of the guitarists on the greatest thrash metal album ever, Rust In Piece, and no amount of chiffon (sp?) jumpers and spangly trousers can take that away.

James!

Comment

Like I said before, guys.. those kind of clothes are real popular in Japan, so the way they look and dress might be extremley weird here.

Comment

I got my japanese friend here with me looking at the pictures... he barely speaks english but managed to say: "gay!"...

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

lol thats hilarious..

Dude I've been to Japan twice, people dress fine, not all fruity like Marty [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] . I almost caught Sinergy there too but missed it by 2 days [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If Marty looks gay, maybe his wife is dressing him that way? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
                      I got my japanese friend here with me looking at the pictures... he barely speaks english but managed to say: "gay!"...
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Japanese people are very polite, and anxious to please their hosts. He probably said Marty's gay to make you happy, Rodrigo. Of course he will deny this, because he doesn't want to make you
                      UNhappy. In fact, maybe he'd do ANYTHING
                      to make YOU happy, 'Rod'! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

][/QUOTE]Japanese people are very polite, and anxious to please their hosts. He probably said Marty's gay to make you happy, Rodrigo. Of course he will deny this, because he doesn't want to make you
                        UNhappy. In fact, maybe he'd do ANYTHING
                        to make YOU happy, 'Rod'! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

LMAO [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

(EDIT - I cant use this quite thing, so f*ck it. Figure it out yourself)

[ April 30, 2003, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Mr White ]

Comment

quote thing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
                            (EDIT - I cant use this quite thing, so f*ck it. Figure it out yourself)
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jeams, teh quite think is ezy to use

Loose teh backslash inside the frist barckets: [QUiTE]. You only need the bcakslash insied the lsat breckats: [/QUiTE]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

VG, I think you tripped RacerX's circuit
                              breaker by overloading his spellcheck! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X