Metallica's New Logo & Cover Art - St. Anger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica's New Logo & Cover Art - St. Anger

Well, it looks pissed off enough........

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=970

Re: Metallica\'s New Logo & Cover Art - St. Anger

It looks queer.

Comment

I don'tsee what'squeer about that at all.

I usually associate being bound and gagged with helpless nubile young girls.

hmmm I like it.

Comment

yeah i saw that.. its like something Rage Against The Machine would have put on their cover.. not very 'Metallica' if ya ask me.

Comment

Well from what I'm hearing from previews of the new music there are no real guitar solos anyway. Just Tom Morello style noises and **** so maybe that cover is appropriate after all.

Comment

Well i heard some of the new stuff over at my friends house and i heard some good guitar solos that werent just noises but it sounds pretty good to me. I like the new cover its kinda sepultura like though.

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
              I don'tsee what'squeer about that at all.

I usually associate being bound and gagged with helpless nubile young girls.

hmmm I like it.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Okay let me say this. The cover looks so related to The Ninja Turtles that it isn't even funny. The Ninja Turtles ****ing rule, but they couldn't be farther from metal.

Comment

Re: Metallica\'s New Logo &amp; Cover Art - St. Anger

I honestly couldn't care less what Metallicrap do. They are dead to me.

Comment

It's cool - I was expecting another adolescent Pushead "Skulls are SO metal!" design. Kinda reminds me of KMFDM.
                  I just hope they've got their sh*t together musically...

Comment

Wow, they like, swear on their site and everything. That's soooo hardcore [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I don't mind the cover art. I've been on a comic book art kick lately. Note, though, that it will be released in a limited multiple cover run, so they can milk the die-hard fans for all they're worth and have them buy the album 4 times. "What?!? You don't own the blue one yet? What kind of fan are you?"
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

hahah im with lev on this one, that's the exact same thing i said to myself when i saw it, looks totally crap, but then again, load and reload werent any better... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

The new logo: Its like something Id expect from like a hardcore band or something. Not bad though...
                        The artwork: Jamesy's not keen on the whole Warhol style goofy colours or the 'Fist of Revolution' style thing going on. Also, it might just be me, but it looks like the guy who's arm it is, is getting ready to shoot up?....... &lt;ahem&gt; promoting drug use &lt;ahem&gt; [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Not really keen.
                        It shouldve been big and dark and concrete and modern. A similar fron the Master of Puppets but with a more bleak and modern outlook. BUT thats what I think would be cool for a thrash band, or a modern heavy metal band (not gnu metal though). However, Metallica stopped being a thrash band about 14 years ago, and with what some of the last couple of albums sounded like, theyre a fair distance away from being a modern heavy metal band.
                        ARGH this is all old news and old conversations. Of course everything Metallica does is going to be orientated towards pandering to the 'kids'. Whatever they do isnt going to be thrash, as much as we hate to hear it. Its going to be like a cross between Nickleback and Slipknot. The kids like that dont they? All kinda mid tempo songs, with a lot of low end and not too many solos (note, thats not a description of either of the above bands, its just [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] what I think the new albums going to sound like).
                        Am I going to buy the new album? Probably. I didnt mind 'I Disappear' that much and Im willing to see what its like etc etc etc.
                        Lets wait till it comes out. Although they have pulled out of the UK festival dates...... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans:
                          It's cool - I was expecting another adolescent Pushead "Skulls are SO metal!" design. Kinda reminds me of KMFDM.
                          I just hope they've got their sh*t together musically...
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nail on the head, my friend. that is SOOOOO KMFDM (which today, stands for "kylie minogue fans don't masturbate")
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

the artwork is very kmfdm type of stuff.

wasn't their a rumor that it was also very "industrial" sounding? hmmmm maybe sascha konetzieko did some sampling for them. haha

Comment

Megadeth already did the two-minute cover art on Cryptic Writings. Pushead is a good artist. This is a complete waste of his talent.
                              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                              X