ESP Rhoads... Children Of Bodom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Rhoads... Children Of Bodom

I saw Bodom live at the Inferno festival in Oslo yesterday and got to see Alexi's new guitars. The first one was a copy of the "Wildchild" Rhoads (as seen in the "Everytime I Die" video). It had the same specs except for a few cosmetic details.

1. It didn't say "Wildchild" on the upper wing.
    2. It had ESP Arrowheadinlays.
    3. ESP Pointy headstock
    4. It didn't have real bevels, so, the yellow beveled line was just painted on. And the "bevels" were way too thick.

The black Rhoads with the pinstrips, on the other hand, looked pretty much exactly like the first one from "Tokyo Warharts", except for that it had green bevels (the old one had white or gold pinstrips, right?).

But this one had the Jackson headstock, and I think it had bevels, but I couldn't see a logo.

They were both neckthrough's, naturally.

I won't go through Ale's guitar's, but if I didn't miss out on anything, they were all soloist shaped. He also had some (or at least one)with a Jackson headstock, but he wasn't playing the lightning sky soloist.
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Re: ESP Rhoads... Children Of Bodom

.......are there any pics online of his new guitars yet ? and hey man how were they ,and who else was there ? //Steve

Comment

people are already quoting you in the CoB forum lol.. sh*t I wanna see those guitars..

Comment

".......are there any pics online of his new guitars yet ? and hey man how were they ,and who else was there ? //Steve"

I haven't seen any pictures, but I mailed the webmaster of www.cobhc.com and asked if there was possible to get some pictures of their new axes.

They kicked serious ass! They had tons of energy on stage. I was singing with them on every song. I was standing in the first row, in the center, right in front of Alexi.

The other bands playing at the festival was:

Thursday:
        Belphegor
        Entombed
        Vader
        The Kovenant

Friday:
        Sirenia
        Ragnarok
        Red Harvest
        Opeth
        Immortal

Saturday:
        Exmortem
        Soilwork
        Cadaver
        Children of Bodom
        Necrophagia

Comment

Btw, what is the link to the Bodom board? I wanna sign up.

Comment

I was thinking about going to the Inferno Festival, but didn't go. Now I really regret that [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Hope you enjoyed the festival KE. Btw, how was the crowd?

[ April 20, 2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: BK ]

Comment

cool man ! that would have been fun ! //Steve

Comment

At the start of each day the crowd was usually a little quiet and dead, but after they got themselves some beer [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] things got better!

During Bodom and especially Immortal people went nuts! The festival was awsome! For three full days we were all "Sleeping, eating, breathing, thinking, living: Metal [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] "

Bodom was an insanely good onstage band, I gotta tell you! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Can't wait 'til the next time I see them. Can't wait for the next Inferno, either [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ April 20, 2003, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: KE ]

Comment

Is this the tour with Darkane and Soilwork? OH god, why can't they come to DENVER! AHHHHH.

Comment

"I was singing with them on every song" -even the ones with no lyrics written? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] thoose too. Ok, then, there wasn't much singing on Lake Bodom. If you don't know the words, just scream! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok i just found a site with two pics of Alexi and his new ESP:

Is this Rhoads copy so small or do the painted bevels make it look so small ?
                        Not that i expected something else but his real Rhoads looked much better.

Flo
                        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

All I can say is....Fu(k that bastard who took his Jacksons! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] It's just not right. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Edit- Thanx for posting it Flo. I've been dying to see it. Even if I don't like it [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ April 22, 2003, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Dave ]
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

that just doesn't look right. It looks more like KK's Hamer, which I've never really liked.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

is it just me or is that guitar one hell of a pos rhoads wannabe?

Comment

Working...
                              X