Vinnie Vincent???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinnie Vincent???

What ever happened to Vinnie Vincent? I recently saw an old pic of him playing that weird double-V Jackson he had, and I thought someone here might know. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Vinnie Vincent???

Our very own Sully has been in contact with Vinnie. He should be replying momentarily...
    Occupy JCF

Comment

well, i hate to disappoint...

i'd been talking to him pretty much daily for a few months, and then he dropped off the face of the earth. i know that he's workin on music, and we've actually been planning on making the VV guitar available with his involvement. we've got the specs hammered out, and he was willing to sign tremplates as well. and then just before the namm show in january, i lost touch with him. hopefully i'll hear from him soon, and he'll finish the Q&A i sent him!

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully,
        Can you ask him about the OLD RR jacksons he has. How many does he have? Does he have any without serial numbers? Is he willing to sell any? Any information would be awesome!

BTW: Do you still go to the Yahoo thunderbird club?

Diego

Comment

hey diego,

i no longer go to the yahoo clubs once they became popup ad heaven...

as far as vv goes, he said that he still had many of them, but i'm not really too sure. i know that the one that was gold (later refinned to pink) was sold, and i think that some of his vv models as well. since i haven't heard from him in months, i don't really know if i'll get an answer on any questions i may have for him. too bad too, as i've got a few people interested in vv guitars.

sully
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

New photos posted...enjoy!

http://www.geocities.com/fullshred_2...itarwerks.html

SHRED!
            [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

cool pix, drew!

i saw brad's black and silver one not long ago, and was able to make a body template... heh.

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Jon! I should have swept the parking lot first but it's great (free) lighting!

V's been reading my emails but hasn't responded lately. Usually he responds immediately or not at all and then responds with a loooooong email with an apology of what took him so long.

I'm curious as how things are going. It's been a while since he opined.

Keeping the faith in NJ

Drew

Comment

yeah, that's what i used to get, too... i haven't tried emailing him since at least june, when i resent the q&a we had for him. if you hear from him, tell him i said hi, and would like to talk to him about some stuff.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I certainly will Jon...

BTW, did you see this?

Not sure if it's true or not, but...

Regards,
                    Drew

Author
                    Pyro Messiah
                    ezOP
                    (10/26/03 4:53 pm)
                    Reply **Rumor Alert**

I don't usually buy into the rumors or even post them here, but this one sounded interesting. Take it for what it is. Only time will tell if it's true or not.

This was posted on the KISSOnline message board.

Hi, my name is Robert Walker. I work as an on-call engineer on occasion out in LA at Cherokee Studios with the Robb brothers. I believe some of Hot In The Night (?) was mixed there, but that was before my time.

For what it is worth, on October 18th, well really the 19th, around 2 a.m. I was mixing a track called "**** The Devil". Gene Simmons was on the phone via our intercom system, and a guy I did not recognize was in the studio with us. I wasn't properly introduced, because he was in the main room and I was told to just get a good mix of the song for them to hear.

What I thought was odd, is this guitar guy, had an old Jackson axe with him. I'm not a Kiss fan, but from what pictures and videos I have seen, only Vinnie Vincent played a guitar like the one I saw in the studio. He kind of resembled Vincent, I guess. He never played the guitar, because they both seemed satisfied with the track. This was only a demo so it wasn't polished.

Pretty good song, just sounds a little dated. The guy took the CD with him and I was told to archive the song. Wish I had made a copy now.

Pyro Messiah - The Vinnie Vincent Tribute

Edited by: Pyro Messiah at: 10/26/03 4:54 pm

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fpyromessiah...icID=383.topic

Comment

interesting....and not totally surprising. gene and vinnie wrote some decent songs together.

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Isn't Vinnie also the only replacement guitarist to have played with both the makeup and non-makeup versons of KISS?
                        That's sort of unique. I know Singer wears the Criss makeup now, but that's a
                        bit different situation.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

well, it depends how you look at it... vinnie and eric carr had their own character, but eric singer is also in that club...hell, they've had more in makeup members than out. however, eric singer isn't touring with the band anymore; peter is on this current tour.

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yes, from "Creatures Of The Night" to "Lick It Up" Vinnie was the only lead guitarist that had KISS makeup on and off. Ace, Mark St.John, and Bruce Kulick played without makeup. Only Tommy Thayer plays with the "Ace" makeup, but never plays without it.

Shred!
                            [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                              well, it depends how you look at it... vinnie and eric carr had their own character, but eric singer is also in that club...hell, they've had more in makeup members than out. however, eric singer isn't touring with the band anymore; peter is on this current tour.

sully
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's why I said guitarist rather than simply member. I know Ace appeared unmade up on the Unplugged show, but that doesn't really count to me since he and
                              Peter sat in rather than doing the whole set. I know, strange distinction, but
                              that's my view. Vinnie actually soldiered through the end of the makeup era and the beginning of the unmasked era
                              which is his unique role as a non-original KISS guitarist.

What a shame about Eric Carr though; if I
                              recall he and Freddie Mercury died within a day or two of each other. That was a lot of light to lose at one time for the world of rock.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X