X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doh! cob switched to esp

from the cob web site news page:

11 Apr 2003 - ESP endorsement
    Alexi, Alexander and Henkka got their ESP guitars and are pleased with the first impression. So from now on guitars used are ESP!!

[img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Re: doh! cob switched to esp

well, the thing about the ESP endorsement is old news...
    but it's real news that they got their ESP guitars.

I'll go to see them play in Hamburg on April 22nd and report about the guitars then.

BTW, Alexi is pleased!?!? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
      well, the thing about the ESP endorsement is old news...
      but it's real news that they got their ESP guitars.

I'll go to see them play in Hamburg on April 22nd and report about the guitars then.

BTW, Alexi is pleased!?!? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, he's supposedly been playing an old
      beat-to-Hades Rhoads that's falling apart, so he's probably relieved to get his new guitar and find it doesn't suck.

Sometimes you've just gotta do what you've gotta do!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

In a recent interview (March 30, 2003) they asked him to say the first thing that comes to mind when they say a word.. the guy said 'Jackson', and Alexi said “Really good to take that stuff from me!”..
        Here's the site: http://www.concreteweb.be/

Their new album went gold in Finland just a few weeks after its release, which is huge for a metal bands these days, the album isn't even availble in most stores here yet, just a few websites.. Universal picked them up.. and Jackson of course let him slip [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Hurray thats cool , i know you guys dont like esp but i do , i dont like ltd's but i do love the real esp's [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Jackson didn't "let him slip". The way I understand it is that the former euro distributor for Jackson was run by a bunch of numbnuts, and they would be responsible for getting endorsers from over there. They never bothered doing so. Take it up with THEIR dumb asses. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Children of Bodom is my favorite band and I love ESP guitars so I will be the last to complain about this... at first alexi didn't like ESP he said that in an interviw also.. but I bet the rhoads they build him is pretty awesome..

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                Jackson didn't "let him slip". The way I understand it is that the former euro distributor for Jackson was run by a bunch of numbnuts, and they would be responsible for getting endorsers from over there. They never bothered doing so. Take it up with THEIR dumb asses. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, the Euro distributors DID have Alexi endorsed with both COB and Sinergy.
                After his Jacksons were stolen, he DID place a Custom Shop order for a new Rhoads, that order being CANCELLED BY FMIC! Considering they had a year's wait time to consider whether they'd actually make it for him, the abrupt cancellation on FMIC's end was a slap in the face. I'd say that qualifies THEM
                for dumbass status!

You have to say Fackson drove him into ESP's arms, realistically. The fact you once worked for them may color your views
                on the matter; residual loyalty is understandable, but they DID cut you loose, so why fly their flag when it is
                their screwup?
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

*EDIT: erhhh...nm

[ April 11, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Comment

Actually, the Euro distributors DID have Alexi endorsed with both COB and Sinergy.
                    After his Jacksons were stolen, he DID place a Custom Shop order for a new Rhoads, that order being CANCELLED BY FMIC! Considering they had a year's wait time to consider whether they'd actually make it for him, the abrupt cancellation on FMIC's end was a slap in the face. I'd say that qualifies THEM
                    for dumbass status!

Dude, if that's true (I don't doubt your info, just unbelievable) that's so messed up. I felt a little down after hearing they got their ESP's, but hey, nothing to do now. Fender seriously needs to get their act together. Mustaine, Leiho, & Roope are already gone. Who else are they waiting to lose?

Comment

Yeah...I mean...I probably don't know enough about this actual situation to make a comment, but could Fender have oriented themselves with the Jackson company, become familiar and prepared to become the owner before actually doing so? It seems they've gone "HUP!" and jumped into the Jackson pool completely unprepared...so they're kind of learning along as they try to keep working with Jackson customers...but they're losing lots of people. You don't run into a store and say "I'm the new owner, how can I help you, although I don't know much at all about the store?" Could Fender have co-worked with Jackson until they became familiar with the system, and then officially bought them? I don't know...but I hope things get together, and smoothly. I'd like to see Jackson benefit from Fender.

Cheers,
                      Nick

Comment

Yeah...I mean...I probably don't know enough about this actual situation to make a comment, but could Fender have oriented themselves with the Jackson company, become familiar and prepared to become the owner before actually doing so? It seems they've gone "HUP!" and jumped into the Jackson pool completely unprepared...so they're kind of learning along as they try to keep working with Jackson customers...but they're losing lots of people. You don't run into a store and say "I'm the new owner, how can I help you, although I don't know much at all about the store?" Could Fender have co-worked with Jackson until they became familiar with the system, and then officially bought them? I don't know...but I hope things get together, and smoothly. I'd like to see Jackson benefit from Fender.

Cheers,
                        Nick

Dude, that's definatly what they should have done. I'd hate to see Jackson fade away forever or become a 2nd rate company because of Fender. Well, here's hopin for the best [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

FMIC has dropped the ball on more levels than I can list here. The Alexi/Roope debacle is definitley high on the major screw-ups list. Unfortunately, Jackson USA seems to be selling quite well outside the USA so FMIC is just living off the strong metal scene in Europe and Japan.

Comment

I have to say that it's sad that Alexi doesn't play Jacksons anymore. But on the other hand for myself it doesn't change anything. I don't play Jacksons because Alexi or someone else plays them, i play Jacksons because i like them.

I know unfortunately only few people think that way, that's way all those big companies give money to endorsers to get them play their guitars.

Flo
                            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

It's still a thorn in the eye to see him with a POS guitar instead of those Rhoads he was playing...

doesn't effect the music in any way, but still...

Comment

Working...
                              X