Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty is definatley playing Ibanez now

Re: Marty is definatley playing Ibanez now

Man, that guitar just looks weird on him after seeing him with a Jackson Kelly for all those years.

Comment

I also see pics of him with a Fernandes and a fender. Switching to Ibanez, what a traitor. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

that does look odd - he's always been a pointy guitar guy, regardless of brand
        Hail yesterday

Comment

He's not a traitor, he just switched guitars. Life goes on. He does look odd with a normal-shaped guitar after those Kellys and V220s though.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            He's not a traitor, he just switched guitars. Life goes on. He does look odd with a normal-shaped guitar after those Kellys and V220s though.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">anyone would look funny with thoe pants. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

IMO he looks lame.

Comment

I really like this picture of him:

It's like he's giving all us Jackson fans a special message... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Read this question from Friedman's page:

Question:

Marty you are my all time favorite guitarist. You are the total package, you have done it all and done it well. My question is recently Dave Mustaine posted on a megadeth message board saying that he did not want his signiture Y2kv to be sold anymore and he will have another signiture guitar from a different brand. You have also switched to using Ibanez guitars. Is the quality of Jackson guitars not as good as they used to be?

Marty's answer:

Thanks for the question! I can't speak for Mustaine, but as musicians grow they have different demands in a guitar, therefore requiring a change once in a while. Jacksons are probably the best in the world when it comes to that old school thrash and intricate solos, but other than that, there are many other guitars that are more well rounded.

--------

I think he is saying someone else payed him more to play something that is not as good as Jackson. Thats what the meaning of "well rounded" was last time I checked in the dictionary.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That should read "well funded". Obviously if Jackson made him a Les Paul, they can make anything. I agree he went with the Popguitar crowd so he can hob-knob with the worthless and lame Gnu-Meddle punks.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

definitely

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Racer X= DICK-tionary [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like BS to me, Jackson would have built him whatever he wanted.
                          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Yeah, BS, specially if you look into a more well rounded instrument made by Ibanez!... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww:
                              jeez you guys get bruised easily sometimes, of course he can play whatever he wants. i said it was BS becasue he's labelling the company as a one trick pony guitar line.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My post wasn't directed at you Buzzsaww;
                              just at the general frenzy that happens whenever a Jackson-endorsed artist goes to another company.

Jackson is definitely NOT a one-trick pony company, but to suggest that it's
                              not known almost completely as a metal guitar is also disingenuous. Players in
                              many genres use Jacksons because of their
                              quality, but most guys here are metalheads and Jackson is the epitome of
                              the metal guitar manufacturer.

Also, he has to give a reason for the switch, and neither Jackson nor Ibanez would like it if he said "I was with Jackson for 15 years and they still wouldn't pay me a dime, but Ibanez will pay me $100,000 per year to do clinics and endorse their guitars. I have a mortgage and a car note to pay." The nicest way he can say it is what he is saying; he grew into different needs.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X