Jacksons spotted in mainstream video - Evanescence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksons spotted in mainstream video - Evanescence

Not sure if there's been a post about this before (couldn't find one) but there's a mainstream "nu-rock" band called Evanescence seen strumming Jacksons in their new video, "Bring Me To Life".

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Jacksons spotted in mainstream video - Evanescence

yep.. I don't like 'em too much tho, kinda like a Lacuna Coil ripoff [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] but its good to see Jacksons on tv. Also, I saw the new Children of Bodom video Needled 24/7, Alexi's playing his Rhoads in it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] He's tearin it up as usual..

[ March 31, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Lev ]

Comment

what channel did u guys see evanes. and cob?

Comment

i actually like that song

Comment

the channel they would most likely be on is Much Music. I've seen quite a few metal videos on that channel...unfortunately I don't get it here in Colorado.

I've seen Morbid Angel, In Flames, Slayer....all sorts of stuff on Much Music, they ahve a show called Uranium...mostly the Nu-metal...but still..it's metal. and late night on weekends..they have a show called Loud. That's where I'd expect to see COB.

Just a hunch.

Comment

Yeah, Evanescence was on Leno last month with a Jackson in evidence.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah.. amazingly enough I saw an Evanescence video on MTV while I was flipping through channels on TV.

Where are you guys seeing this Children of Bodom video?! Can't be MTV, or is it?

Comment

By the way.. NOTP.. where have you been bro? Haven't seen you on the JCF in the while.

Comment

I downloaded the video.. most of them are ripped from MCM (French music channel) or this one channel with a Z logo.. not sure what it is though. You can download it off IRC or Kazaa..

Actually i'm in a good mood today.. if you want I can send it to you, its 50 megs though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Find me on msn.. [email protected]

[ March 31, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Lev ]

Comment

The CoB video was shown in Germany on NBC Europe... actually it was a special from some webTV called motormusic.tv that was aired on NBC Europe.
                    It was aired on March 14th and on March 28th.
                    On March 14th I just zapped through channels and my jaw dropped on the floor when I suddenly saw the Bodom video.

But on March 28th I was prepared to catch it on VHS. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                      By the way.. NOTP.. where have you been bro? Haven't seen you on the JCF in the while.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've been on the boards as usual. Not sure what you're talking about exactly... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Here one for yaz

Children Of Bodom - bed of razors(live Milwaukee, WI - 7-29-00) 43.1mb

grr, ubb does not like html with parenthesis in it so cant make link.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">http://www.sloneczna.szczecin.pl/nv/04-children_of_bodom_-_bed_of_razors(live_milwaukee_WI-7-29-00)-slayer-nV.mpg</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">be sure to right click and 'save as'

Comment

I just got the Evanescence CD "Fallen" and in the liner notes it says they use
                          Jackson AND Fender guitars, Fender strings and DW drums. It DOESN't say they are ENDORSED though.

The CD has ONE guitar solo on the whole
                          thing! Nothing fancy either - a pinch harmonic at the end is the highlight.
                          It would be a good background CD, but
                          all the songs sound very similar to 'Bring Me To Life', so if you've heard that you get the idea.

Hey, it was $13.99 at Wal-Mart! [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

yeah,

I got it too. I thought it was pretty good, at least they are trying. It sure beats all of the R. Kelly,Nelly,Belly, Smelly, Limp Bizkit,Linkin Park etc. or whatever usual stuff(crap) that is coming out lately.

Lerxscat is right, no real solos though. If you are looking for a good guitar cd, this ain't it.

Someone else mentioned "Lacuna Coil rip-off", I can agree with that somewhat also. I like Lacuna Coil, so I can't be too harsh towards this cd.

DRH

Comment

Unfortunately, a quick look at the ESP site reveals that they've been swiped by ESPee. :S Unless they have two guitarists or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X