Dio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dio

Does anyone have any clue why Dio used Craig Goldy instead of Vivian Campbell when he released the second video from the Spectrum? Also I have always wondered why they used video clips of the audience from the first one and inserted them in the Sacred Heart video.

Craig Goldy may be a good guitarist (in his own right) but I thought he totally SUCKED in Dio. First off the little bat wing costume has to go, and someone needs to teach him how to use a FLoyd for something other than making stupid out of tune noise.

The other thing that bothers me about Dio is the way he joins different songs together. Like on the Sacred Heart tour, he did heaven and hell and then goes into Holy diver, but he totally skipped the solo part in Holy Diver!

The Medleys were cool for Man on the Silver Mountain and Long Live Rock and Roll though. I always wondered why he left those out on the first tape with Vivian.

I hate to say this, but I am not a great guitarist for making up my own leads and stuff, but with the last 3 or so guitarist that DIO has hade, I thought I could have done a better job at covering Viv's stuff. Tracy G was the worst( I know your with me on this John amd Bill) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I heard that the Video was actually shot with Viv, so that's why I was wondering. I am also still looking for info on what Happend to his guitars he had with Dio, especially the white skull and the Last in Line graphics. Anyone know about any of this , please let me know .

Oh and the one good thing about both videos- I happened to be in both and I can be clearly seen [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'm a star. HAHA
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Dio

How did I know that was coming! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

his new guitarist doug aldritch is f*cking awesome!!! best picker since VIV for sure!!! totaly rips it and he quit possibly could be better than viv. i saw him last summer with the little man with the big voice, and i was blown away! he did most of vivs solo's but added a whole lot of extra's that just ripped!!!!

you can check him out at dougaldritch.com i think.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I think Doug is the best guitarist Dio's ever had! The man just slayes, he kicks so much ass I don't know where to start.

On the other hand, what the hell was Ronnie thinking when he chose Tracy G? I listen to that live album with Tracy and want to puke it's so awfull. Changing solos, all these weird harmonics and just plain noise everywhere.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Doug's still playing for Dio? Is that as well as his Whitesnake gig?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

As of now, Doug's still in both Dio and Whitesnake. There may be a conflict coming up, though, as Dio is preparing to enter the studio for a new album, while Coverdale committed Whitesnake to more European dates and is talking about a new album, as well. I doubt that Doug will be able to keep playing in both bands if Coverdale gets serious about resuming full-time musical activity (he'd been semi-retired for quite awhile).

I suspect the Whitesnake gig pays more, but Dio is probably a steadier gig, since Ronnie has shown he will stick with players for awhile if they want to be there. That would be a tough choice for me to make, as I'm a big fan of both Dio and Coverdale.

Comment

being in that position i'd stay with dio. dio has stood the test of time and touring. i've seen him 2ce and both times he was amazing. and both times everyone in the croud was singing along and loving every second of it. whitesnake on the other hand... fade in/fade out. yeah they were big, then they weren't, then they were no more, now they are back. Dio never went anywhere except on the road and in the studio. whitesnake seems to be reuniting under the new millineum "lets get back to gether" band wagon cause this type of music is become just old enough to be "cool" again to the general public. i always thought it was cool and so i'll be sure to catch them on the road if they come near here and all... but if i had to chose one to play in (and i was Doug aldritch) i'd pic dio.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
              X