MR. SCARY IN DENVER TONIGHT WITH DOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MR. SCARY IN DENVER TONIGHT WITH DOC

Gang...My EARS feel as if a LOCOMOTIVE WHISTLE is BLOWING IN THEM !!!!!...INCREDIBLE LYNCH MOB SHOW in DENVER TONIGHT !!!!!...These files are H U G E ! ! ! !...I'll shrink them, and put up MORE PICS tomorrow...Last pic is Doc and Mr. Scary gettin CRAZY !!!!

Re: MR. SCARY IN DENVER TONIGHT WITH DOC

Where's the review? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Not a C/J to be SEEN, but a GREAT SET...LOTS of Lynch Mob...AND Dokken stuff...I saw BadSeedDBS {Dave S} at the show...He had a body that George used to own he had him sign....{VERY COOL !!!!}...If my EARS would QUIET DOWN so I could THINK !!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll submit a GOOD review tomorrow, and PULL these HUGE files, and put up MORE SMALLER ones !!!!

KICK ASS SHOW, INDEED !!!!

Comment

sounds awesome Doc!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Lookin forward to the review [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome pix, Doc! I would have taken some at the show in San Diego, but wasn't sober enough to take a decent photo. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Hope you got a peek at his rack, (amps/gear, gentlemen [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] ) it was offstage here and I couldn't weasel my way around to see it.

Comment

What is George doing slumming with that LTD? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Nice pics, Doc. Thanks!

Comment

Besides the EXPECTED Genz-Benz cabs, in the rack he had - from top to bottom...

A Furman Power Conditioner, a Line 6 Modeling Delay, TWO Chandler Digital Delays...and {MUCH to MY SURPRISE}...THREE Peavey XXX's !!!! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] ...The Peavey folks were working with him on this amp, and proportedly were going to call it a "Wicked", but the deal fell through, and it became the "XXX"

I was VERY SURPRISED NOT to see ANY Bogner in there, but it was a SMALL ROOM, and MAYBE the rack with the Bogners was in the equipment trailer...

His MAIN guitar was a ESPile LTD { [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] } Viper with 2 EMG 81s, and he had a baritone {ESPile also - w/B+GHRF} tuned down a full step...I was 3 feet away from him all night, and other than the switcher for the Line 6 Modeler, the only pedal I saw was a whammy pedal {he played hardtails all night}

His POWER CHORDS on the Viper sent CHILLS down one's spine, and he did the FASTEST pick-tapping I have EVER SEEN !!!!!...My EARS STILL sound as if I was on the front lines approaching Baghdad with the Artillery units !!!!

[ March 29, 2003, 02:37 AM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

Cool pics and story, Doc! I always dug Lynch, especially his tone...ESP and Peavey or not, his tone always kills!

EDIT:
                Dude, I checked his site....here are some pics of his current rig...

http://www.georgelynch.com/rack2003.html

http://www.georgelynch.com/genzbenz.html

Don't they mean "Chandler" Digital delays, not "Ehandler"??

[ March 27, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Boxcar Willie 84 ]

Comment

The Triple XXX just doesn't seem to fit in after the Uberschall and Prototype lol.. But then again that guy could sound amazing through any amp.

Comment

Well said, Lev.

Thanks for the info Doc and Boxcar.

Comment

He must be getting paid some $$$ to play the LTDs on tour. I can't imagine any other reason he would use those.

Comment

yeah I've actually played the Triple XXX a buttload of times, my friend here has one.. its a pretty good amp.. but nothing like a Bogner, and if I was Lynch, it probably wouldn't be in my rack for personal tastes, but for $$$$.

Comment

Guys, he is playing a Viper Baritone, LTD, with a 20 dec. boost, They are discontinued, but I have one, and they do sound heavy, needed massive setup, he has been doing some clinics with that same guitar, dunno whats up with it, but he seems to be diggin it right now

Comment

Originally posted by terrax:
                            has anyone actually listened to the xxx? or just slamming it because it's a peavey? i think it sitting next to the uberschall speaks volumes.

i personally havent heard one.

Dave
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep...sounded like a kinda sterile rectifier to me.

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hey, who is that geek posing with Bob Kulick? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X