Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yngwie lands Fender signature guitar, Hostess endorsement

This is a clipping from the 2002 Fender catalog:

Geez, that guy has really let himself go! I hadn't seen a picture of him in a while.

When did this happen?

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: Yngwie lands Fender signature guitar, Hostess endorsement

Gee, does this mean you don't want to blow Yngwie anymore? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Yeah, I'll say so too. Don't know when it happened.

I wonder if he's still a rude ass bastard, or if he's calmed down a little. At least he's one hell of a guitarist. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey when I was a manager here in Miami at GC he was always a rude bastard the weight thing happened over a short period of time,he actually was bigger for a while in this picture he is thiner. He would be rude to fans in the store, but real nice to the staff members. It was really weird,only 1 time we thought he was going to go off on the warehouse manager because he started the conversation with ( I always wanted to tell you something about your music) Yngwie almost flipped until this guy told him how much of an impact he had on him & his music. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] : [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[ March 19, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: DRAKE ]

Comment

C'mon - someone please post the "Yngwie Cartman" pic! ;D

Comment

I was able to meet Yngwie in Dallas when I was around 16,I think. He was pretty cool at the time.I think he had a buzz,maybe.Back then he was almost "Godlike" to me because that is when I was really learning about what the hell I was playing instead of just shreddin. He still is one of my main influences. His OLDER stuff is still best!IMO

Comment

The weight started after his near fatal car accident and hes had fluctuating weight problems ever since. His therapy wasnt much for weight control appearently. :lol

Comment

Like,
                Unleash the fookin' twinkie, dude!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

He's fat and he wears alot of gold....It's PUFFY DADDY!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Comment

he looks like a goof now! but a hell of a goof on guitar [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ Matt
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

when ever you meet yngwie and you want him to talk to you... you have to tell him that he sucks and that you are better than him! if not he will just ignor you and still be a dick. if you tell him off at least he'll talk to you. hehheh. i heard that last album that he did in his home studio. much beter than the last couple but its obvious that he is a horrible producer. he has no idea what he's doing. bad ass guitarist though, and still slinnging the axe around his neck and doing the, not so high anymore, kicks. when i saw him w/ dorah pesch (my spelling sucks) and dio a few years ago he was great. super tight pants with his hugh gut hanging overt the top of them with the unbuttoned ritchie blackmore shirt/jacket thing. hillarious!
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

wow look how chunky his fingers are in that photo!

How he play so fast with those??

Comment

I went to college with a guy that looked like Andre the Giant. He had twinkies for fingers; these fat stubby things that looked like they'd be more comfortable wrapped around a Ding Dong than a guitar neck. The son of a b***h could shred though - he taught me a what a scalloped fingerboard was for!

I, on the other hand, have long skinny fingers, and can't play a fast lead to save my life (just starting to work through "Speed Mechanics..." though, so I'm hopeful!).

Go figure.

- E.
                              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                              X