• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newstead with ozzy now?

nothing

[ March 18, 2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: buzzsaww ]
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: Newstead with ozzy now?

Seems since Voivod and Ozzy are touring together that Jason will be doing double time, kinda like when Zakk did Ozzy and BLS on the Ozzfest.

Comment

nope

[ March 18, 2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: buzzsaww ]
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Strange....in the Ozzfest ads in the paper, it says that Voivod is playing the second stage.

Comment

I'm sure Voivod's on the tour NOW, if they weren't before. However, if Jason had to pick one or the other I'd say Vaya
          con Dios to Voivod. Strategically, it's
          the only gig he could get where he'll be
          outdrawing his old Metallica bosses, with
          an act more legendary than they are. He has managed to turn leaving Metallica into a step UP! Who would've bet on that?

I think Robert Trujillo will soon wish he
          hadn't joined Metallica, or else he'll soon have made James his b!t*h and thus
          control the band! I can see the slogan:

Four Guys - One Pair of Balls!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

as soon as i heard he was leaving gaytallica i wanted to shake his hand and say, "good job".

best move of his career, and now everybody else is starting to realize it too. all that lars and pals did for him is make him rich and famouse without having a real job and let him see the world. and now he's his own man, with all the skills and knowlage to do whatever he wants.

he knows what good bands are. he is responible for getting thought industry signed. (ok echobrain was pretty gay) but that was basically his way of say F-you to the 3 hoarsemen.

GAYTALLICA - they should have never gotten rid of mustain. he wrote half there best songs. but if they hadn't we wouldn't of had the great 4 albums of MEGADETH. (some will argue 5) but no more. all in all its too bad. 2 bands with such potential, road the top for so long, then went completely gay. they could have quit writing albums and just did a tour every couple of years for the rest of there lives, kinda like the rolling stones. but no, they couln't stand not being on top of the charts at all times. so far that they did a song with ja-rule (however you spell his rapper name) so if you thought they sold out on the black album, ha! looking back the black album is great compared to everything after that.

i guess i'm ranting cause of how much i worshipped those bastards for so long as a kid. i held them higher than my friends and family, then they let me down. and i can never forgive them for it. they went from the best band in the world to the worst real quick. and if i was jason i would have left in the middle of the studio sessions for the first load album, and started my own record label called Newstead records. why not, he's got the money and the connections to send bands around the world. anyway i'll shut up now.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

no sh1t!
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Good job for Newstead, I do agree that his decision to leave Metallica has proven to be a step up...and with everything he's done now, even if I don't care for some of the things like Echobrain, he does have a lot of freedom. I'm guessing that the 4 great Megadeth albums you're referring to, Dreamland, are the first four, ending with Rust in Peace. There is a noticeable change in the style of the albums proceeding Rust in Peace. It's basically like that with Metallica, too...the first 4 albums,...some argue 3, some argue 5...are where most people cleave the "old school" marking. However, at least Megadeth hasn't been generalized by one album like Metallica has with their Black album...that album, especially Enter Sandman [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] has become the epitome of overplayed, wasted, commercialized **** from that album and Metallica. I've encountered thug-type rapper kids who cheer "Yo, Black Album!" to me when I wore Metallica shirts. So yeah, cheers to Newstead...who's buying Metallica's new album? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Some people are pissed about the tour lineup, while others see it as marketing that Metallica had no control over, and pose the question "Who else is Metallica to tour with?"

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Nick

Comment

i liked parts of youthanasia... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] ...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

The 5 first Metallica albums were in a league of their own, and regarding Megadeth, they were at the top of their game from Rust until Cryptic. The best Megadeth line-up without a doubt.

Comment

Every Megadeth record up to Cryptic Writings was an absolute gem. Risk was good, but not as a Megadeth record. TWNaH was pretty weak.

The first Metallica record was a load of simplistic drivel. The next four were okay. I haven't heard anything beyond that. Except for that double-album of covers, which was awesome. Metallica are the best cover band of all time! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Echobrain produced a really good pop record. They only get slammed because they weren't heavy.

The Osbournes are infamous for abusing bass players (and drummers), so I doubt Jason would last too long beyond the Ozzfest tour(s). Not that Ozzy's doing much more than that these days, anyway. The TV show notwithstanding... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Well, Jason and Rob are both well-suited to their new jobs, both having experience
                        with abusive bosses. Jason might last longer than we think, and if he's into the Voivod gig, a part-time Ozzy gig would be perfect - and a good way to get
                        Voivod on the road once a year!

Jason is proving that he can step into any number of bands of varying styles and do a great job. Think Kirk or James could get the guitar gig with Ozzy? They
                        just aren't good enough lead players for
                        that job. Lars might be able to handle the drums, but he couldn't handle keeping
                        his mouth shut! Metallica are pretty much stuck being Metallica because they
                        can't do much else. An album of covers
                        is no big deal; there are thousands of cover bands in the US alone who're better
                        at it than Metallica.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Great guitarist are a dime a dozen these days. But just try to find a decent bass player. I honestly can walk into any band you can think of and handle bass duties with a vengeance . Sad to say that can't happen to me on guitar ...too many players can kick my ass ....but not on bass [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I should put out a a demo thing but that alone don't get you into a good money gig.....How ? How can I make some cash with my Bass skills...anyone? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Any recording studios in your area that cater to rock and metal? Go by with a demo and tell 'em you're available for session work. You'd be surprised but a lot of songwriters who record don't have a band, maybe a writing partner who plays guitar. They often need guys playing backing tracks - just specify NO RAP!!!

How about giving lessons? $20 per 1/2 hour is $40 per hour, and giving lessons (especially out of a music store) will get you into the network of available gigs. You could even hire out as a substitute player, being quick on the uptake. Lost your bass guy, got a gig in a week? Bill's your man!!

Good bassists ARE hard to get. I'm a guitarist, and I own 2 basses, which I can play, to an extent. I am NOT a bass player though, and I know it. When I come up with a bass part for a song I've written, I always tell the REAL bassist to make out of it whatever he wants, because I don't THINK in a bassy- enough way. My bass parts are more like chord charts than the real thing.

Go out and make some $ Bill!

[ March 18, 2003, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

yes godammit I agree... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

what the fuk is a Ja Rule.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X