Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Idea as to waht the guys from Nile use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Idea as to waht the guys from Nile use?

Ive been listening to In Their Darkened Shrines. and i must say this is one of the most vicious tones ive ever heard. It's just so .... Brutal .

[ March 14, 2003, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Explorer77 ]

Re: Any Idea as to waht the guys from Nile use?

Nile is definitely full of badasses. I think they use Marshalls (not too sure) and one of the dudes uses Charvels. Predators, IIRC. I need to find that Guitar World that has an article on them in it.

Comment

Karl Sanders uses a Marshall Jcm 900 full stack. I talked to Dallas and he said he uses a Marshall Dual Monobloc power amp and some sort of rocktron preamp with two Marshall Jcm 900 cabs.

Comment

hmmm...i saw a article on them and it said in the description he uses a Jackson strat and in the picture it looks like it, one hum and everything but he has a fender neck on it?

Comment

I've seen Nile live three times, and never saw any Jacksons or Charvels. Dallas was playing Gibsons and Karl was using a Fender.
          sigpic

Comment

yup.. no jacksons..

I've seen them with a gibson V and the other guy has a white stratocaster with synt pick-up

Comment

I remember Dallas uses a white Flying V and a blue Jackson Rhoads and Karl uses a white Strat. Both of them use duncan invaders. I saw Nile last month and Dallas was using a Dean V.

Comment

ah I forgot.. the blue import Rhoads, true I forgot that one

Comment

Yeah, I've seen the pic of the guy with the white Fender Strat with one Duncan Invader pup and some kind of synth pup underneath it.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think that's a Roland GK-2A synth pickup. Really handy for jumping from Egyptian instruments to death metal guitar at 250bpm.

Comment

Karl has a custom synth setup that he uses with his strat, with the Roland GK-2A pup. He also has a Jackson Kelly that he plays in a few songs. The distortion is all Marshall, and Dallas mainly plays a Mockingbird, and he also has a Gibson V that he plays, along with the RR V. They don't seem to be too particular on what brands of guitars they play, though I am sure they could get endorsed by whomever they want to. Guitar World sponsored their last tour, and Revolver the tour befoer that. And for the record, Nile's "Chapter For Transforming Into A Snake" is played at no less than 280 bpm.

Comment

Nile is one of my favourite bands! I really wanna see them live... Maybe I should try to go to the Wacken festival in Germany in August! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I found a bootleg recording from Paris 2002. I really like Jon Vesano... He is a good replacement for Chief Spires!

Anders
                        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

That Rocktron preamp into the Marshall Mono Bloc is probably a Voodoo valve . If they are using Marshall 900s ...it certainely isn't straight. Theyr'e crunching the front end with something
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                            If they are using Marshall 900s ...it certainely isn't straight. Theyr'e crunching the front end with something
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you saying that using Marshall 900s is gay?
                            [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, that crunching the front end could
                            really hurt, and cause permanent damage too! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X