• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEEOOOOWEEEOOOOO! New Opeth in the newsgroups

nope

[ March 10, 2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: buzzsaww ]
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: WEEEOOOOWEEEOOOOO! New Opeth in the newsgroups

FASTER! wait a second...no matter what you say...I'm still gonna buy it.

OPeth is the alpha and omega.

Comment

nope

[ March 10, 2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: buzzsaww ]

Comment

This album is the awesome. When I heard all the "not really Opeth clean, classic rock stuff" talk, I was worried, but this is exactly what I was hoping for.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I totally support you in your anti-downloading beliefs. I feel the same way, especially if the album hasn't even been released yet. It's strange when some friends comment on not having any burned or downloaded CD's in my collection...kinda pisses me off. Respect the artist, their music, their gift, and if you like it, wait to buy it. It's a community. They create music, through which you gather comfort, in turn giving them money, to keep their musical aspirations alive, to continue to deliver music to you.

Cheers [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Nick

Comment

nah

[ March 18, 2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: buzzsaww ]

Comment

I always d/l a CD before I buy it... can't risk throwing away $15 anymore. If I like it, I buy it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Just because I'm a fan, doesn't mean i'm automatically going to buy a new CD from a band that I love, if it sucks, then why should I waste my money? I still buy atleast 4-5 cd's a month... i'm just glad that now I can listen to stuff before having to just go out and take chances with my money.

Comment

buzzsaww, doesn't seem to me that anyone in this thread is joining the anti-d/l militia, or being judgemental about the downloading of mp3s. Sounds more like Fifth_Horseman is just a bit sore that everyone else is listening to a CD that he would dearly like to hear, but would prefer to wait for its release so that he can enjoy the "full experience". Nothing wrong with that.

Lev described pretty much what I do with d/l's too. I like to check out a few tracks from an artist before I go and blow my $30 on a CD. But in the end, I'd rather put a couple of bucks in the artists pocket so that they can continue to provide me the music I love. If they have to quit and get a 9-5 job because making music just isn't viable for them, then I'm missing out on more great music from an artist that I enjoy. Or potentially missing out on ever hearing them in the first place.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Dudes, you gotta remember one thing.

We're talking about Opeth! Do they make bad albums? Nope. Its not like they're gonna pull a "load" on us or anything. Damnation will kick just as much ass as teh rest of their albums, and be just different enough that it won't be the same...Opeth is amazing. Download, buy the Cd do whatever you gotta do. Just make sure you get it!

Comment

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] As I've already stated on several other messageboards, I won't download Damnation, although, or probably BECAUSE it is the most anticipated album for me right now. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Downloading it in bits and pieces (you gotta hate ISDN) would totally ruin the first listen, as well as not having the artwork and stuff when listening to it.

And I want to show my respect to the band by waiting for it.

But so far I seem to be the only one on the whole net who thinks that way... everyone and his dog already has the album. Argh, I can't go anywhere without seeing these threads. *pokes himself in the eyes with pinky* [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Ah well, enjoy it. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

CHEERS!
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I agree with Lev , cd's up here in Canada cost ****ing 25 bucks man ! if you can find em out side of a big city lol [for the metal stuff anyway]. and think how you did or would have felt if you thought Risk from Megadeth would be good when it came out and went and bought it blind , you'd be pissed right ? and if I am gonna listen to the album 2 or 3 times whats the difference it's just wasted plastic anyway , if I love it and I play it every chance I get then I buy it !//Steve

Comment

remember your "funny money" in canada is worth about half of what our real tender is.

so 25 dollars is really just the same as our 15 bucks. approximately.

I've lived most of my life 35 miles south of Alberta. So I'm up on my Canadian knowledge. I've been to the Edmonton Mall...yeah, I'm that cool.

Comment

lol !!! yeah our cash sucks up here man ! lol !!! 25 bucks is a good price on a cd up here sometimes I have paid 30 to 40 bucks for a imported cd , anything from japan is 50 to 60 or so . and I heard that new opeth just now I got 4 tracks and they all suck it's like slow balladly crap , it might grow on me that last album [deliverance] did . //Steve

Comment

I got Damnation the night it was leaked. Big deal. I got new Soilwork too. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I always download stuff before I buy. In the last month and a half, I've bought over 30 cds. Why? Because I was able to download those albums and hear them first.

My shared folder is over 22 gigs of albums. 90%+ of them are my own ripped cds. If anyone has a problem with that, they can stuff a crumpet up it. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

22gigs huh? [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] i thought i was doing good with 14gigs

Comment

Working...
                              X