kk downing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kk downing

what kind of v did he use during the turbo era?

Re: kk downing

I believe he was using the Hamer KK Signature model with MIDI............

Comment

Yes, that's my understanding too. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

That dude rocks! So does Tipton!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, he's still using the mini Hamer Vs, as well as ESP Vs now.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hats off to Tipton / Downing for the years of awesome metal!!....but to be honest their tone for the last ten years truly sucks ass. JMP-1 like the one I have but I can't get mine to sound that Nasty and a Rocktron .. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Their ultimate cool tone was the S.F.V album ....Now that was a really great sound for the time!!

[ March 10, 2003, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. The Vengence album had thier best tone. From then on they have been progressively getting heavier.

Both Tipon and Downing have been Hamer players for as long as I can remember.

Matt

Comment

IMO, Painkiller is their best album!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

YES Painkiller is their best album ...very much so. But their guitar tone was thin a fuzzy by then . That's when I started to notice their tone to go down hill to what it is now ....hishy , fuzzy crap!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The last time I saw Priest live, their sound was beyond poor. I was expecting a massive sound, but what they had was ****ty.

Comment

Bill & Matt,
                      Have you checked out their latest live DVD?
                      I'm no tone expert, but I thought it rocked!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah I watched the DVD and thought it was cool except for Tipton's solo where is just kept bending one note over and over again until I was crackin up......pretty cool video . But me No likes da tone.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Saw JP this summer at the Akron Ribfest (Owens home town) and hung out with his family during the show ....I had a great time but like I said ...their tone was just sizzle fuzz

[ March 10, 2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]

Comment

Yeah, their live tone has been laughable for the last 4 times I've seen them. I was sorta liking it the first tour with Timmy, or at least thought it was pretty cool. After that, not good...

Comment

KK had the better lead tone on the live in London DVD. I couldn't hear Glenns at all :\

Bill, did you say that Priest used the JMP-1 at some point? I know Glenn has one but I didn't think he used it with Priest.

Comment

do any of you guys have this guitar if so tell us the details

Comment

Working...
                              X