marty friedman.......IBANEZ ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marty friedman.......IBANEZ ????

I'm speechless.....He is endorsing Ibanez. I just cant wait to see what his sig model looks like.

Re: marty friedman.......IBANEZ ????

Wow! This is suprising to hear!! It seems like the Jackson "crew" are all endorsing with different guitar brands. First Mustaine, now Friedman. Who's next? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I've heard rumors but is this from an official or at least dependable source? Is there a picture of him with an Ibanez or maybe his name on their site?
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I can't remember, but I think it was on his FAQ or his message board.

Comment

it's in his bio on his website
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

There are also several pictures of him in last month's Young Guitar magazine from Japan where he is holding a bolt-on Ibanez Prestige.

[ March 05, 2003, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: jem777az ]

Comment

Originally posted by john:
              First Mustaine, now Friedman.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, Marty bailed first. Like a year or so ago. His last "signature" model Jackson (post-Megadeth) was a sort-of Les Paul copy. He said he was considering a short list of other companies, and Ibanez was one of them. I'm not surprised in the least.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Awesome! I will look into them when(and if) his signature model comes out. Seems like it would be cool.

A one hum RG with a Kahler. That'd be really cool.

Comment

Another one goes over to the dark side.
                  Here's my idea of Marty's thought process; "Should I keep playing and endorsing these fantastic Jackson guitars for free? They are better than anything else I have ever played but...I mean I know I get tons of free guitars, but they aren't paying me to play them. I know Ibenhad or ESpee will pay me to play their product. I don't have to worry, the quality of the guitars I will get will be much better than the mass produced crap everybody else gets. At the end of the day I can play the Ibenhad crap in public, I still have a fully stocked stable of Jacksons at home." [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Did anyone pick up his new solo CD yet. There is a sticker on it stating "This is why I left Megadeth"...I'm assuming it shreds

[ March 06, 2003, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

He left Megadeth to paint all the colours of the rainbow instead of Gun Metal Grey, and do pop songs and stuff. Thats what he said in a video i've got.

I guess thats what is on his CD.

Also it still says under "gear" section of the website he uses as KE1 sig model.

As long as his music is still good, then he can use what he wants IMO. Remember some of his best solo's on Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings were played on a stratocaster that he described as "something you would drink coffee off rather then play"

[ March 06, 2003, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Comment

Originally posted by Metalcop:
                        Another one goes over to the dark side.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's so laughable that these matters are viewed this way! Maybe Marty got tired
                        of letting Jackson take his reputation for a free ride. He's an incredible guitarist with huge endorsement value who
                        FINALLY wised up and went with someone who'll pay him what he's worth! Yeah, whoever he went with would make him guitars of excellent quality, and if you can't pick up a guitar, play it, and decide whether it's worth owning, why should Marty give a rat's a$$? Answer: HE SHOULDN'T!! This ain't high school guys. Jacksons are great, but they ain't the only guitars on Earth.

It's easy to say what you wouldn't do, knowing you'll never get the temptation.
                        Most of those crying "traitor" or "dark side" would go with the high bidder if you really had anyone courting you. I think the guys who left Jackson after years of non-competitive endorsements should be hailed for staying as long as they did, not slagged because they finally opened their eyes.

Alexi, Roope, Dave, Marty and the rest don't owe us a d@mn thing; we owe THEM
                        gratitude for the music they make, and the respect not to question their decisions. Maybe with FMIC coming in they figure JACKSON is going to the dark side. Yeah, Fender just took over a little under 6 months ago, but you don't think a lot of these guys knew Jackson was shaky for quite awhile? If people on this forum knew it, why wouldn't the artists?

Golden Ages rise and fall; life goes on.
                        The Golden Age of Jackson is over, even if they stay viable. It ain't the end of
                        the world.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

"Maybe Marty got tired
                          of letting Jackson take his reputation for a free ride. He's an incredible guitarist with huge endorsement value who'll pay him what he's worth"
                          Amen

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I heard his "pop" album is supposed to be some serious shred......We'll have to see when someone picks up his CD.
                            I got the new Tourniquet album and he's shredding on there

[ March 06, 2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've listened through the album a couple of times now and there are some good songs with Marty type soloing. But the feel of the whole album is too popish and happy. There's even a song with disco/techno type drums which sounds like a happy commercial jingle. That song could have been ok with real drums and slower tempo but now it's just nasty!
                              A lot of songs start off with crazy sound effects and I really don't see the reason for this either.
                              All in all it's ok to listen to, but it's far from what I had expected. I feel it's his weakest solo record to date, but totally relevant for a huge fan like myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X