Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voivod

Anyone heard any of the new songs?

I think it sounds great! I'm getting the new CD on Tuesday... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Voivod

It's not baaad but....I guess I expected something waay more complex and dark. It's definitely not like there earlier stuff as suggested.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

??? It comes out on Tuesday! How could you have it for a week? You work in a radio station or something?

The three tracks they released on mp3.com aren't that prototypical Voivod. Much more straightforward rock tunes. I really wish I hadn't listened to them now. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] I'm sure they'll work better in the context of the whole album; and Snake's vocals should sound better on real speakers.

Anyway, the original name for the new record was The Multiverse, each of the thirteen tracks representing a different plane of existence. But I guess Jason's still got that businessman tendency from his Metallica days, and talked them into simplifying their approach and just calling it "Voivod." A bit of a slight to us hardcore Voivod fans, but whatever. It's new Voivod! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

In an interesting turn of events, it looks like Jason will be playing bass for Ozzy on this summer's Ozzfest (which Voivod will also be on). I hope his dedication to Voivod will remain true. But if his scraping to Sharon Osbourne's whims becomes a more permanent occupation, I hope the Warriors of Ice will have recharged enough to carry on without him.

At any rate, this is the most excited I've been to hear a new record in many a year.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

yah i've had it for like a week or two. it's kinda like nothingface. not bad but nothing new really, i can't stand the vocals though, god, <gag> <gag>
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno:
          ??? It comes out on Tuesday! How could you have it for a week?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">binary newsgroups my friend, it's been through there several times over the past three or four weeks, i said what the hell and snagged it. i wish i worked for a radio station.
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
          X