Rush on DirecTV Freeview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush on DirecTV Freeview

Anybody here see Rush on the DirecTV Freeview Channel 103? What is that white guitar Alex Lifeson is playing?
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Rush on DirecTV Freeview

I dont have DirecTV, but I heard they are playing a concert from 1989. So, if its white and has 3 single coils, then its a Signature Guitar Co. Aurora..............He used to one of the 2 owners of the company.........

Comment

You're probably right, the guitar looked like it had a humbucker in the bridge though and it had a Jackson type headstock but a strange logo that I couldn't make out and you're right, it was a 1989 show. Thanks for the info!!

Comment

http://www3.sympatico.ca/krohdes/Oracle.htm

Lookee like dis?...........

Comment

That looks like the one, except in white, Thanks bro !!!!

Comment

Hmmmm.... The caption says Alex Lifeson
            was co-owner of Signature Guitars? That's interesting....
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

This is probably a stupid ? ,but I have to ask. I was looking at a new guitar Magazine and checking out ALex's gear. There was a small picture that had a Caption under it that said, Geddy Lee's backline and it was a picture of 3 Clothes Dryers.

They were actually Miked up! What is that all about?
              Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .. They used those for tshirts .. At the start of the show they put them in the washer ..then come out put them in the dryer then later on threw them to the audience ..

[ March 02, 2003, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/signatureguitar/

Here is the Signature guitar page started by a guy in Australia devoted to the few hundred Signature guitar owners out in internet land..........

Comment

After watching the show again and getting a closer look, you were right, the white guitar did have 3 single coils and it's definitely one of those guitars you mentioned. As a matter of fact, here it is: http://www.geocities.com/signatureguitar/#legend
                    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ March 02, 2003, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Jack The Riffer ]

Comment

I caught the last 30 minutes of it or so. Geddy was playing a Wal bass, so it was instantly obvious this wasn't a recent show.

But what was the deal with the bit where they cut out Alex singing? I'm only a passing Rush fan (I only own six or seven of their records), so am I missing a joke here? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

they must be airing "A show of hands"(I have it on video)

The part where his vocals are cut out are a band inside joke of some sort. As I understand, Alex and Geddy are quite funny guys and have all sorts of jokes running through things.
                        Like Geddy singing "catch the fish" as part of Tom Sawyer. Something about a roadie driving a remote controlled car with a fish tacked onto it across the stage once.

Comment

On several tours, Alex would make joke introductions or comments during the extended vamp the band plays at the end of the performing version of "Closer to the Heart". I don't think Alex was using a naughty word there in that performance (I've seen the ASOH video, as well), but probably just a silly joke by the band. BTW, the Show of Hands video came from the 1987 Hold Your Fire tour.

Comment

BTW, if that is the concert being shown, it is indeed a Signature that Alex is playing (I confused it once on this board with a Performance guitar). He switched to PRS guitars onstage for the Roll The Bones tour in 1992, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                            X