John 5 gear questions.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John 5 gear questions.............

I just checked out the Marilyn Manson-God, Guns and Government DVD and got to see an actual solo being played by John 5. I noticed that he plays an Ibanez AX series and a slew of Les Pauls as well as an SG double neck. I just got the new Fender catalog and they show him playing a 50's reissue Telecaster. I have heard that he has a few Jacksons, but is primarily an Ibanez player. Does anybody know if he uses an aftermarket pickup, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, etc? What amps and cabs does he use? I read something on him a while back and he was talking about playing for some other group before Manson. Do any of you guys know anything about that. I'm kind of intrigued with this guy. He seems a little over skilled for Marilyn Manson type stuff. It looks more like he's taking a break when he could be wailing. Any info would be great.

Re: John 5 gear questions.............

He's a pretty good guitar player, very famous in LA as a session guy. Before Manson I know he was on the last David Lee Roth album, I don't remember the name of the cd but it's the one with the song "Slam Dunk." He was also in an industrial band with Rob Halford named 2 for a while.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

i met J5, and aside from being wierd now because of manson, he is very good, and he is very nice.

When I saw him he didnt touch an Ibanez, he used 2 les pauls the whole way thru, and he was playing thru laneys.

Comment

John Lowery is an awesome player!! I remember seeing him in an ad awhile back endorsing Laney amps. Not sure what else he's used or if he's still using them. Before he played with Rob Halford's band Two, he played for K.D. Lang, did a lot of studio work with other people, too. I've only seen him with Ibanez AX and RG models, and I think I also remember an S model in the Laney ad.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X