Carlos Cavazo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Cavazo

I saw Quiet Riot last night in Morristown NJ. Carlos Cavazo was playing a couple of Jackson soloists. One was Green flake with flame inlays and another was a blue ghost. I could not believe how good he was! I never remember him being that great of a guitarist. I guess 20 extra years of playing will do that to you. Anyway it as pretty cool to see that he still plays Jackson’s!

Re: Carlos Cavazo

He used to play Washburns in their heyday
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
      He used to play Washburns in their heyday
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, the A20V with red binding, wasn't it? A buddy of mine just got one, and though it needs a setup, it's really a
      nice guitar! He also has a G20V that's
      really nice too.

But wasn't he playing a GMP Pawnshop at the show the other week....? oh, nevermind.......
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Cavazo is amazing - he's my primary inspiration. I'll post pics of him and his green Soloist as soon as I figure out how to do that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I always thought that Carlos was underrated - he didn't display the chops that some of the other players of the time did, but he always had something tasty to say, musically.

Everett

Comment

like many, i stopped listening to QR after condition critical, and i thought that carlos was cool. i recently picked up metal health after not having it for many many years, and while he's certainly competent, he's a bit of a qr-era randy clone. i don't mean that in a bad way, just an observation.... and i thought his a-20vs were cool as hell.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

sully, pick up qr3, cavazo's playing on it was really tasty...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I liked Carlos' playing in Quiet Riot, especially that solo in Cum On Feel the Noize. Really tastefull...also dug that smooth lead tone as well.

Comment

If you guys get a chance, you should check out some of their newer stuff. I picked up "Alive and Well" awhile back and it's very good. They still sound like QR, with a bit more of a modern edge.

Comment

i seem to remember him having an instruction video and thinking to myself "damn he's good" it's kinda like he holds back on albums
                    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Carlos's playing on the Hear'n Aid album is incredible. He also used to play a Gibson SG's and also Jackson Flying Vee's.

Comment

Yes, he had a SUITE red Jackson Student Flying V. That was the guitar he had on the Guitar World cover in 1984. Nice nice guitar.

Comment

Working...
                        X