Alexi (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexi (again)

Is it just me, or did Alexi Laiho's Rhoads axes have the bridge closer to the neck than a normal RR1?

I've seen this a few other customs (Rhoads) as well?

Does jackson do this to all 24 fret Rhoads?

[ February 17, 2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: KE ]
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Re: Alexi (again)

There are two extra frets, so of course the bridge is gonna be closer to the neck.

Comment

yes. There are two extra frets, so the wings of the body start further down the neck. The bridge is closer to the neck and further away from the point where the two wings meet. If the extra two frets were merely a fretboard extension, the bridge would stay in the same position as a 22-fretter, but access to the top 2 frets would be less than ideal
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
        yes. There are two extra frets, so the wings of the body start further down the neck. The bridge is closer to the neck and further away from the point where the two wings meet. If the extra two frets were merely a fretboard extension, the bridge would stay in the same position as a 22-fretter, but access to the top 2 frets would be less than ideal
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very interesting! I hadn't really even thought about the difference that those two different approaches to 24-frethood
        would make.

Thanks for that info!

Rich
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The 23rd and the 24th frets do look hard to reach but, I'm holding my 22 fret xtrr and I could reach the middle of my neck pup well enough to justify 2 more frets. The only place I would ever use the 24th fret is on the high E string.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Not the fretboard... *sigh* the neck itself.

Let me rephrase: Is the bridge further away from the point were the two wings meet?

Comment

I think its just a fretboard extension. I'm looking at a picture or alexi's 24 fret rhoads and the wings start right at the 19th fret. Same place as on my 22 fret rhoads.

Comment

"yes. There are two extra frets, so the wings of the body start further down the neck. The bridge is closer to the neck and further away from the point where the two wings meet. If the extra two frets were merely a fretboard extension, the bridge would stay in the same position as a 22-fretter, but access to the top 2 frets would be less than ideal"

That's exactly what I meant, thanks. Well, if that is the situation.

Thanks anyway [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Not Alexi's guitar, but I thoughti'd post it.

[ February 23, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: KE ]

Comment

Alexi's guitar was just a fretboard extension. The bridge and the wings are in the same place as a 22 fret rhoads. And the upper fret access does look less than ideal. I've got a very clear picture of Alexi's guitar hanging in a stand. BTW that rhoads above looks freakish.

Comment

More like this.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That red RR1 is Photo shopped,(You probably knew that)and totally un playable to, I might add. It's funny how people think the 22nd fret on a RR1 is hard to access. It's really an illusion cuz it's not. 24 frets would be great! Unless of course you want to play C# box scales at the 21st position.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Here you go dudes.

Comment

The red one IS funny. It kind of said what I meant (in an extreme way) about moving the bridge.

Comment

Can anyone figure out what gear is in their racks?

Comment

Working...
                              X