Kahler Flyer route??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler Flyer route??

I need to get a replacement Kahler Flyer for my Zolla.
    The route is:

2 1/2" x 1 5/8"
    There is also a 1" x 1/2" cutout at the top edge.

The overall top mount trem is 3" x 3 1/2" and is held on with 4 screws.
    I think I need a Kahler 2300 Flyer but I am not sure.

don't get a flyer (which is the 2330). it was the budget model:

http://www.kahlerparts.com/Part_Pages/T_2330.htm

get a 2300. it is a much better bridge.
    http://www.kahlerparts.com/Part_Pages/T_2300.htm

the route is the same. the only difference in terms of mounting is that the back screws line up but the front screws don't but they will be covered up by the 2300 bridge.

I did this on a Zolla body myself. Before:

After:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim, the only thing I notice different on mine is the front 2 screw holes (the ones closest to the pickup) are spaced closer together than the back 2 screw holes.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
        Tim, the only thing I notice different on mine is the front 2 screw holes (the ones closest to the pickup) are spaced closer together than the back 2 screw holes.
        doesn't matter, you won't be using the front screw holes if you get a 2300.

- Newc

Comment

Could it possibly be a route for a Washburn Wonderbar???

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
            Could it possibly be a route for a Washburn Wonderbar???
            i dunno - post a pic. does it look my zolla?

- Newc

Comment

I've got a couple flyers in the parts drawer, one black one chrome. send me a PM if you want, I do agree with Tim the 2300 is a better choice, the flyers are okay, and fine for most players, they should both fit in the same rout but the holes are different
              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Watch out for the Kahler hybrids (similar to the 2300 but you have the option to lock the tremelo in place). They're going to be the first mass-produced Kahler in years and the price looks promising. http://www.wammiusa.com/index.html
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                  Watch out for the Kahler hybrids (similar to the 2300 but you have the option to lock the tremelo in place). They're going to be the first mass-produced Kahler in years and the price looks promising. http://www.wammiusa.com/index.html

I always wondered what the deal was with that, is this a Kahler afilliated website? If so, why do they sound so "independant" ?
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                    I always wondered what the deal was with that, is this a Kahler afilliated website? If so, why do they sound so "independant" ?
                    There's a link to it from the Kahler mainsite, that's how I found it. I assume it's just a third-party that is going to be their first online seller. I'm hoping Neal Moser is going to report back about them because he said he'd talk to Gary Kahler and find out what the deal is.
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                      There's a link to it from the Kahler mainsite, that's how I found it. I assume it's just a third-party that is going to be their first online seller. I'm hoping Neal Moser is going to report back about them because he said he'd talk to Gary Kahler and find out what the deal is.
                      Thank you sir, for the info. I still say it's John C, I know how he likes to have a million websites lol!
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                      X