Fifth Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifth Angel

What happened to them? All I know is back in the day I got the Time will tell Cd and there was some awesome guitar playing on it, not to mention some great vocals.

But by the time I got the Cd, they were nowhere to be found and it wasn't too long after it came out [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Fifth Angel

James Bird split and went out on his own. He has a bunch of solo albums. It is a lot like Fifth Angel only he is a lot more melodic. The self titled Fifth Angel album is better than Time Will Tell. Now that I think about it James Byrd might not even be on Time Will Tell. The first album is definately better and if you listen to his solo lp's you will see where the Fifth Angel sound comes from.

James Bird

[ February 16, 2003, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

Awesome guitarist!!! I have all the Fifth Angel and James Byrd stuff. The last solo effort he put out was disappointing ...if you could belive that.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Fifth Angel should have been huge. Both albums are still in my regular listening rotation. I really liked Atlantis Rising (first Byrd solo) but lost interest when he started down the Yngwie path...

Does Byrd have any later stuff with vocals and good songs?

edit:
        I just found this via Google...
        James Byrd interview

Fascinating story. Wow! I had no idea.

[ February 16, 2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: ElectricPhase ]
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Woohoo!!!!! More Fifth Angel fans! Riding on the wings of destiny [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Really, two super albums!!!

Comment

WOW - I'm not the only one! These guys were killer! The first time I had heard of them is off some compilation album they were on with Sanctuary! Some of my favorite two-guitar stuff! I got the reissues - good thing - my tapes were shot!

Comment

I've got the first Fifth Angel tape. If anyone wants it, email me. You pay for shipping. I am not posting a FS ad, I am just offering it to someone who hasn't heard them before.

They were really good, I enjoyed their stuff a lot, but the only one I had ever bought was the first one.

Comment

Working...
              X