New Charvel/Jackson artists!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvel/Jackson artists!!!!

Hey, I picked up the new Guitar World, primarily for the EVh article, but another article on Orange County hardcore caught my attention too. One of the featured bands is a band called Bleeding Through, and one of the guitarists uses a Charvel and an Ibanez, and the other one uses a Jackson Soloist and a BC Rich. I thought that was pretty cool, so I checked out a few songs. They're a metal/hardcore band, sorta similar to Hatebreed. I don't know if everyone here will like them, but hey, give 'em a chance...you might like them too. Just thought I'd mention some new blood in the Charvel/Jackson pool.

Re: New Charvel/Jackson artists!!!!

I take it that they don't wear facepaint or clown shoes,or they'd have a BC Rich endorsment! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That's good news.

New blood is always welcome (and i'm not a vampire) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Orange County, California?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes Ron, Orange County, California.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans:
            I take it that they don't wear facepaint or clown shoes,or they'd have a BC Rich endorsment! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not nice... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] I don't have facepaint, makeup, long hair, no hair, clown shoes, tattoos, piercings, or baggy pants. And I don't listen to Slipknot or Slayer. All I have now is BC Rich - 3 Gunslingers, an ST-3, and an Assassin. Am I a bad person? [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] I bet we probably like the same kind of tunes, Snoogans... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

... But it was still funny [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet .... finally we are getting new artists.....to bad there not heavy metal
                [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Who cares if they're metal or not? Who would you rather have endorsing your gear? Yet another spare-ass 80's power metal "I want to be from Sweden, but I'm really from DesMoines", fatass-in-spandex, shrieking-ear-piercing-vocals, crappy band? Or an above average punk band that is, you know, RELEVANT.

Comment

define "RELEVANT"
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Its better than the year 2003 equivilent to hair metal...

Comment

Relevant as in "appeals to the 18-25 year old male". Whether you want to admit it or not, "heavy metal" as it was in '85 doesn't exactly appeal to the masses anymore.

I'll ditch a couple of fat middle-aged white guys from Illinois that haven't ever toured if it means getting an up and coming band that has a strong local following and is starting to gain national attention. I don't give a damn what style of music they do. You CAN NOT limit your endorsers to any one style of music if you want to survive. Go check Jackson's Endorser roster from the past couple of years. Country players, rappers, session guitarists, pop bands, punk bands...

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                          Relevant as in "appeals to the 18-25 year old male". Whether you want to admit it or not, "heavy metal" as it was in '85 doesn't exactly appeal to the masses anymore.

I'll ditch a couple of fat middle-aged white guys from Illinois that haven't ever toured if it means getting an up and coming band that has a strong local following and is starting to gain national attention. I don't give a damn what style of music they do. You CAN NOT limit your endorsers to any one style of music if you want to survive. Go check Jackson's Endorser roster from the past couple of years. Country players, rappers, session guitarists, pop bands, punk bands...
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey BM - enlighten me to the country artists playing Ibanez guitars.

Pete

Comment

Country? Few, if any. Boz Scaggs is on their endorser list. Now check how many jazz dudes play them. Pat Metheny, John Scofield, George Benson. How many blues players? How many session guitarists? They have a few people from nearly every genre. That's the whole point. Yes, they also have a bunch of spare-ass endorsers, but they're out there playing and getting the Ibanez name out there too. As long as they're playing your stuff it doesn't matter what they play.

Comment

Not nice... I don't have facepaint, makeup, long hair, no hair, clown shoes, tattoos, piercings, or baggy pants. And I don't listen to Slipknot or Slayer. All I have now is BC Rich - 3 Gunslingers, an ST-3, and an Assassin. Am I a bad person? I bet we probably like the same kind of tunes, Snoogans...
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry Chris,I was probably having one of my "Senior Moments"! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] But you gotta admit,some of those new BC's - Sheesh! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              I've got a Gunslinger myself,and I love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X