Shadows Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadows Fall

I just got into these guys and picked up their latest cd The Art Of Balance. Extremely great band and a great metal album!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The lead guitar player, Jon Donais, even thanks Kevin Easton and Jackson guitars. He thanked ESP guitars, also. Anyone know what Jacksons he's played? I know he has a Washburn endorsement now.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Shadows Fall

dude i love shadows fall lol.. and since I just moved to boston i'm hoping to get to see them often. I think Ken (Warrior) was going to build them guitars?? I'm not sure, but they definitely are an awesome band.

Comment

When I saw them play here a couple years ago, one of the guys used a Hamer Diablo, maybe two of them. The other was playing ESPs. I'm guessing that since Hamer doesn't make any USA "shredders" anymore, he probably looked elsewhere for endorsement.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, a few months back I saw a small article in GW about them and Jon had a reverse headstock Hamer Diablo and Matt had an Ibanez. It's indeed too bad Hamer doesn't make any USA "shredder" guitars any more, because the Diablo and Californian are so sweet. Jon's now playing a Washburn NX6 Nuno-type guitar which looks pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Lev:
          dude i love shadows fall lol.. and since I just moved to boston i'm hoping to get to see them often. I think Ken (Warrior) was going to build them guitars?? I'm not sure, but they definitely are an awesome band.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know Ken's got a Shadows Fall poster in his garage. I'll have to ask him who he's building for next time I'm over. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm currently developing a model for Matt {Bachand)...he's played some of my other guitars, and fell in love with the feel of them.
            It may not develop into an "endorsement" type thing, but he's definitely going to be using my axes in the near future.

Jon (Donais) played a black SL1 back in 1999
            I had a pic of him using it live, but I'll have to find it.

Comment

Very cool! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool guys , great band!!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah Ive seen some pics in magazines about em. But they were mainly arty moody ones with blurred so you couldnt tell what the guitar headstocks were, but I know for a fact that one lad has an Ibanez S-Series (or Sabre, them thin-ass ones) and the other guy has some f*cked up Nuno-esque guitar, presumably the NX6.
                  Hope this helps.
                  James

Comment

Shadows Fall is one of my favorite bands right now! I dig the heck out of what they're doing!

Comment

Im going to see them.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

They're touring with Children of Bodom [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] and soilwork [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Should be an awesome show [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I just picked up 'The Art of Balance'.
                        F*CK ME IT RULES!!!
                        This is like the best album Ive heard all year!!!

James

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
                          I just picked up 'The Art of Balance'.
                          F*CK ME IT RULES!!!
                          This is like the best album Ive heard all year!!!

James
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is, isn't it? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X