Darkane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkane

Darkane's new album is amazing. Anybody know what gear their using for it? I'm falling in love with it as we speak. This is definately up their with Wages of Sin for kickass albums of the year. woofta!

Re: Darkane

if they still use the same gear as back in '99, it would be Ibeenhad guitars and Godin guitars with Engl heads.

Comment

Expanding Senses is a good album, but Rusted Angel absolutely kills -- as Swedish death metal goes, it's tied with Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane as my favorite. They are both a lot better than Insanity, but that seems to be the band's least favorite album. It's too bad that Lawrence Mackrory was only a session vocalist, because I think his voice suits the music far better than Andreas', and is one of the few guys in the genre who I actually enjoy listening too.

Cristopher Malmstrom's lead style and tone are amazing too. Sounds like a violin.
      sigpic

Comment

Got all three of their cds...."Insanity" is my favorite. But I still think Soilwork rules the roost!!
        If ya dig Darkane please check into:

Soilwork
        The Forsaken
        The Haunted
        Terror 2000 (Darkane and Soilwork members)
        Dimension Zero
        The Crown
        Symbyosis
        Theory in Practice
        Callenish Circle
        Hatesphere
        Defaced
        Gory Blister
        Diabolical
        Carnal Forge
        Shadows Fall...PA band ...KICK ASS!!!

I would say Arch Enemy , Opeth and COB but they don't seem to fall in this niche

and of course the fathers of sweedish Death ...

AT THE GATES!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bub / Evilution

[ February 03, 2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
        X