Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napalm Death

Alright lads, a few questions about an amazing band

1) I know they tune to D, is that dropped D or all to D?

2) What model Ibanez did Bill Steer use?

3) What amps and gear did they use as well, especially Jesse Pintado and Micky Harris (is that the guitarist? Its either him or Mitch Harris, one's the drummer lol), and what guitars did they have?

4) Anyone got any pictures of them? Preferably with gear?

5) Whats their best album?

Thanks lads

James

[ January 27, 2003, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Mr White ]

Re: Napalm Death

Ok James,
    Being a NAPALM DEATH fan over here in the states (jeez...how come you don't know more about them...they are from the UK you know!)

Bill Steer played Ibanez RG770's (at least in Carcass anyway)

Jesse Pintado, and Mitch Harris both use ESPee's(MICK) Harris, the drummer is no longer with ND...they have Danny Hererra.

No pics...sorry

finally...as a matter of preference, "Greed Killing" and "Words From The Exit Wound" are my 2 fave ND records.

Comment

I'm debating whether or not to go see these guys tomorrow in englewood CO.

at the gothic theatre I think. I could...but I'm also going to see Opeth on Wednesday in Boulder.

ah fudge it. i'm gonna go to both!

hopefully I can sneak my cheapo camera in...I dont' know if the gothic theatre allows that sorta thing. I know the fillmore doesn't like it. hmph, well I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Comment

Jesse and Mitch did use old Model Charvels way back in the day. I have an old magazine somewhere with them that I have to dig up.

I also think I remember seeing a pic of Bill Steer with a white guitar which appeared to be a JB Player (not totally sure, though).

The old albums with Lee Dorian on vocals pretty much suck, IMO. They did a lot better and went a lot farther with Barney Greenway. The Greed Killing EP and Diatribes album are my favorites, along with Utopia Banished. Fear, Emptiness, Despair is really good, too.

[ January 27, 2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My favorite Napalm Death album is Harmony Corruption. The guys also used B.C. Rich guitars. I remember when I saw them live in 1994 one of them had an Ironbird and one Assassin.

Comment

I saw Napalm Death recently,and was lucky enough to get backstage and talk to them.
            Gearwise,Jesse Pintado uses a Charvel 475(Yay!)and Mitch Harris uses a Royal Angel Vee.
            There's a couple of backup guitars I saw,a BC Mockingbird,and Charvel Model 6 being the ones of note. Amps are Mesa Rectifiers.
            For pictures and details of the Royal guitar (It's British-Woohoo!)check the link Royal Guitars

The last album is the best one IMO,but most of the later stuff is pretty good.
            And they don't wear makeup or bondage gear,and they aren't pretend Satanists.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks lads, thats really helpful!
              Ive ordered Leaders Not Followers (I know its a covers album, I just wanted Back From The Dead on cd) and Death By Manipulation (I think, I cant remember).
              Makes you proud to be British!!! A lad I talk to on MSN messenger lives in the next town to Barney Greenway!!! Hehe.
              Thanks for the help
              James

Comment

Ok I just got back from watching these guys perform. here's what I saw as far as equipment goes.

The skinny long haired guy...that did back up screaming alot. HAd a white flying V style guitar...I was on the other side of the stage so I couldn't tell what brand. It had no pickguard though. Looked cool and he was playing into a Dual Rectifier HAlfstack.

The asian lookin dude was playing a red Charvel..that had stickers and tape all over it. The Charvel on the headstock was covered..but I could see the L at the end. HE was also playing into a Dual Rectifier halfstack. They sounded pretty good...but napalm death is definately not for me....I like more melodic style metal than that...I didn't stay for Nile, because I had a long trip back. But out of the night I probably enjoyed either STrapping Young Lad or Dark Tranquility the most...its a toss up. They were both pretty good. anywho, there you go.

Comment

Bill Steer only started using Ibanez guitars after he had left ND for good to concentrate on Carcass.

The best Napalm Death album is "From Enslavement To Obliteration" and I'm sticking to that. The later stuff with the "Death Metal" line-up is cool but my favourite album is still "FETO".

Guitar wise they have been through loads and loads of gear though I have to say I have never seen Jesse with an ESP - BC Rich, Jackson and Charvel yes, ESP no.

And for a comical aside that no-one but me will get, Barney Greenways real name is Meho Krljic - lol, see you later Meho!

Comment

Thanks.
                    If Bill never played Ibanez during Napalm Death, what exactly did he use? Or was it just allsorts?
                    FETO eh? Cool. Ill get that next. I think the CD's came today but they were sent recorded and I wasnt in to sign for them. Arse.
                    Meho Krljic? Eh? Wtf? The sh*t we get in the UK isnt that strong!!!
                    Go on, enlighten us to what that means, cos you've completely ****ing lost me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Heh heh, sorry, it is of course rubbish and a little joke between me and one of my buddies, apologies for causing the confusion, Barney Greenway IS Barney Greenway and not Meho (Meho is going to get mwe back for this).

As for what guitar dod Bill Steer play in Napalm, I don't now I'm afraid. There is a picture of him on the back of FETO playing what *might* be an Aria Pro II but I can't say for certain. Napalm were getting a lot of press at that time but I don't remember seeing any shots of his guitars. And I've only seen the current line-up of ND so that doesn't help.

Comment

Lol, fair enough mate.
                        Aria?!?!?!?!?! Hehe, thanks for the info mate.

James

Comment

That's alright James, but I feel I should warn you I'm still not talking to you after you picked up that Charvel 650 for £200 - lol - damn, I am still jealous.

Comment

LMAO [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

MINE!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Meedley Meedley Meedley MEEEEE!!!!!!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            James

Comment

I'll get you!!! LOL.

Comment

Working...