STEVE VAI at the NAMM Show ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STEVE VAI at the NAMM Show ! ! !

Attached are a few pics of yours truly with Steve Vai at the Ibeenhad booth...He appeared for several of his endorsers and even PLAYED for some, and seemed to appreciate a chance to interact with his fans {MORE than we can basically say about Eddie Van Has-Been}...

He saw me coming with the red/white/black pattern on my shirt, and his mouth kind of "squiggled" like Charlie Brown in Peanuts, but I bent over into his ear, and said "...They say that Edward Van Halen REINVENTED the electric guitar, but YOU, my friend...WROTE the OPERATOR'S MANUAL !!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

...a LARGE SMILE appeared on his face, and he CHORTLED OUT LOUD
    PRETTY GOOD !!!!!

[ January 20, 2003, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Re: STEVE VAI at the NAMM Show ! ! !

very cool, Doc. I could probably come up with something cool to say like that AFTER I'd met him & walked away from the table [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You must be getting quite a collection of celebrity pics now. I've still got those DeMartini pics on my harddrive [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

That's VERY cool!
      OK,so I've never met the guy,but ol'Steve has always given the impression of being a decent bloke. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool pix, Doc! I'm surprised that EVH's lawyers didn't apprehend you and confiscate your shirt! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Should've seen those size 16 Frankenstrat SHOES!

Super cool Doc!

And for the record guys, Doc's every bit as cool in person as he is in here, the phone, email etc etc.

It was very cool meeting Doc as well as everyone else I met.

Pat

Comment

Those are awesome pics; Vai's reaction shots are priceless!

But perhaps that was the Carvin booth, or
            did Ibanez let him wheel some Legacy stacks into their booth? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I love the quote too; Vai DID write the operator's manual for rock guitar! Who else has replaced EVH,Yngwie, and John Sykes, and more than held his own? Well,
            there IS Steve Morse....
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

SPEAKING of Steve Morse, my guitar teacher - GOOD friend, Thomas McConville introduced me to Rod Morgenstern {Dregs, Winger}...and the Dregs did a REUNION while the show was there with the ORIGINAL LINEUP !!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Saturday night in one of their old haunts in San Luis Obisbo, and Saturday at the House Of Blues in LA...UNFORTUNATELY, I MISSED the S.L.O show, and was HOME by Sunday night !!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ...My FEET feel like TWO CANNED HAMS - STILL !!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] THAT show is HUGE !!!!...We probably put in 5 MILES a DAY !!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and Pat...The feeling is MUTUAL...The PLEASURE was ALL MINE FINALLY meeting ya !!!!!

[ January 21, 2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

GEEZ DOC!!!!!

I would do anything to meet Steve Vai.. he seems like such a cool guy... at least I have a chance to score backstages passes when his US tour starts.

Doc, I need to email you and ask you something.

Comment

Ask away - [email protected]

Comment

You've got mail.

Comment

Working...
                    X