Maiden playing Wayne Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden playing Wayne Charvels?

This from the Kevin Shirley's (Maiden producer) studio update page...

"Got some blinding solos yesterday, Davey dug out a new Wayne Charvel black "Strat" which sounded super creamy, and the other two nailed their solos with Fender's all hot-rodded with Seymour Duncan pick-ups. "

Re: Maiden playing Wayne Charvels?

Awesome! Now if we can get Janick to own at least one Charvel/Jackson too, that's be wonderful!!

Comment

If we only could get Janick to leave Maiden, that would be awesome...
      IMHO
      // Jonas
      Charvel Predator
      Yamaha SE-300 (my first guitar, just can't let it go)

Comment

If we only could get Janick to leave Maiden, that would be awesome...
        IMHO
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DITTO!

Comment

Then who would play the rythms under the harmony solos???

Hey, somebody has to make coffee and do beer runs too... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I agree. When I saw Maiden in 2000 with HALFORD and QUEENSRYCHE, all Jannick did was dance around like a fag the whole time. It was embarrasing! I gotta email Steve Harris and tell him to can the S.O.B. ! [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I always thought the harmony solos sounded pretty bloody good just as they were, sans underlying rhythm guitar. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Hey, somebody has to make coffee and do beer runs too... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But you may have a point there [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Steve Harris did it for years without Janick.
                It sounds more like the CD live with three guitars, but Maiden have maintained all these years that they are a live band more than a studio/production band, so a 3rd guitarist is bad.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, you're right Newc... I mean as far as live albums go, I think "Live After Death" is one of the best ones ever, and they sure as hell didn't need a 3rd axe then!!

Comment

Straight off the site.

Comment

it's like this too me-

his simple melody notes are really cool, but my god-he has the SLOPPIEST PICK ATTACK EVER. his solo's are not the notes, it's the pick noise. oh, and janick, the jazz splits are ultra rad [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Blackmetalmilitia - you are referring to Janick's soloing, right?
                        I think the only good stuff he ever did was on Bruce's "Tattooed Millionaire" CD, and even that was pretty average...

Comment

I agree, only good stuff of J.G. was with Dickinson in that record.

But I think he's a long time friend of the band, that maybe the reason he is in yet... That, and of course the beer runs... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

brian-yes-janick's soloing. i bought the rock in rio dvd, and was pretty sad and angered that he stole most of adrian's solos, and really f'ed em up!

Comment

Yeah! What's up with that? What, did they just go...Okay Adrian! Your back in but...Janick still plays all of your solos he wants! mmmkay? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                              I wonder how Adrian feels when someone's butchering one of his solos right on stage beside him? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                              X