jackson's and opeth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson's and opeth?

I saw OPeth on the endorsee list at the jackson homepage. I thought those guys used LP's what JAckson guitar do they use? I'm just curious. Opeth is one of the finest bands around IMO. THeir new album is awesome.

Re: jackson\'s and opeth?

they have used some RR1's in the past,but all I see now is them using prs guitars. Going to see them on March 5th. I'll keep you informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Svart:
      they have used some RR1's in the past,but all I see now is them using prs guitars. Going to see them on March 5th. I'll keep you informed.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They're in the Feb. Guitar World pictured
      with a PRS and a Gibson Les Paul Custom.
      In the interview they didn't mention Jackson as I recall.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm goin to see them on Friday, I'll run down their rigs when I get back [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I going to see them on the 23rd. I can't wait. I have all their stuff. The older stuff is just as good or better IMO
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah,I've all their works too.My arms your hearse and still life are my favorites.They used RR1 in the past,now just PRS and LP.

Comment

I think they still use Jackson some what. I think that just like us they got some new toys and they are playing with them. I don't they have stop using Jackson all together.

This is a picture from a recent guitar.com guitar lesson/interview (note the RR1).

Here's a link to the interview if anybody is interested.

Opeth Interview

Nek

Comment

I saw Opeth seven times already and will see them again somewhere in march, but never saw them with Jacksons. And I sure as hell was paying attention! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I just got my ticket to see them in Boulder, CO on teh 29th. oh yeah...Opeth is the sh-t. I can listen to every one of there albums straight thru...every song is a gem.

Comment

Holy hell, just saw Opeth last night, UNBELIEVABLE SHOW! Anyways, both Peter and Mikael were playing PRS's through what looked like JCM 800s...didn't get a great look but Mikael had a Boss GT3, couldn't see Peters pedals...

[ January 25, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: DumpyWumpy ]

Comment

I was at their Concert in Boulder last night...goddamn they are awesome. Anyway, yeah there wasn't any jackson's to be seen anywhere. They both started out with PRS guitars. Peter had to make a switch about half way through the set and played a Les Paul too. but man, Opeth is friggen amazing. Most talented band I've seen...man, they are good. Ok I'm done with that. Can't wait till Damnation is released.

oh yeah, they did indeed both have JCM 800 full stacks as well. Peter had a big ass pedal board....I was right in front of Mikael and their was a monitor in my line of site to his pedals...but I did see the GT-3.

peter's was a GT-3 too. I just realized that. I'd forgotten what a GT-3 looked like and didn't recognize it. But yeah..I think they pretty much had identical set ups.

[ January 31, 2003, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: the_drip ]

Comment

Working...
                      X