Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I'm a member of the Children of Bodom Forum and band member Janne Warman post there too sometimes..
    Another member asked him what guitars they use, because as you all know his Jacksons were stolen.

Originally posted by Janne Warman :
    All three of them playing ESP now...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Janne is the keyboard player in CoB so he must know.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

this sucks.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: NO!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!! Alexi Laiho switched to ESP!!

That really blows! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

All this because of some idiot who had to steal Alexi's awesome Jackson's! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

It's probably more likely that ESP offered a better deal...

Comment

Originally said by Alexi Laiho after a Sinergy gig in 2002 :
        he said that he would go to ESP although he thinks that ESP sucks. Otherwise he would have to wait one year for a new guitar.

Can't he borrow one of Roopes (Latvala from Sinergy) guitars till he gets his new Jackson..?

Comment

That sucks balls....hopefully he'll have another Jackson in a year to play and end this ESP crap, apparently the only person in the entire world who isn't endorsed by them is me... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Does it really matter what these guys play? Did Slayer somehow become less Slayeresqe when they switched to ESP?...............

Comment

Originally posted by After Forever:
              Originally said by Alexi Laiho after a Sinergy gig in 2002 :
              he said that he would go to ESP although he thinks that ESP sucks. Otherwise he would have to wait one year for a new guitar.

Can't he borrow one of Roopes (Latvala from Sinergy) guitars till he gets his new Jackson..?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He could, but how does he know he won't get a Fackson after waiting a year? He and Roope have been loyal to Jackson, but
              it wasn't enough for Jackson to cut the
              red tape and get him a couple of guitars
              quickly. I'm sure some Custom Shop customers would've volunteered to wait a
              little longer for their orders, knowing Alexi got robbed. Since Jackson didn't do anything to help him, ESP made him an
              offer he couldn't refuse - some guitars,
              NOW, so he can tour. He'll probably make some $ too, since his endorsement will carry some weight in the Euro-metal market.

BTW, it won't be just "a year until he gets his Jackson", because his Custom Shop order hit the backburner, if it wasn't cancelled outright, when he took an ESP endorsement. I'm sure he'll be fine with ESPs since he's a phenomenal
              player and he'll get the best they can make.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Didn't want to wait a year for a custom shop? Switch to ESP because of the wait? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] He couldn't play a regular USA Select Series production model Jackson or two why? [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[ January 17, 2003, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

Comment

Yeah, right....he took ESP because of the long wait for a new Jackson Custom Shop.....and my middle name is Yoshibelle. He took ESP because of the large quantities of money that they offered him, which Jackson didn't...let's face it, Children of Bodom and Sinergy aren't exactly Platinum artists. He could probably use some extra cash. Personally, I'm just hoping that people will talk about him less here since he doesn't use Jackson anymore. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Figured as much, just goin by what was said earlier...Hey Spidey, Alexi probably wouldn't play USA Select Jacksons cause he's a Rhoads guy that plays 24 fretters, but yeah, I'd play ESP if they were gonna custom make me everything I wanted for free and they'd pay me on top of it...Sounds like a smokin' deal to me

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                      Yeah, right....he took ESP because of the long wait for a new Jackson Custom Shop.....and my middle name is Yoshibelle. He took ESP because of the large quantities of money that they offered him, which Jackson didn't...let's face it, Children of Bodom and Sinergy aren't exactly Platinum artists. He could probably use some extra cash. Personally, I'm just hoping that people will talk about him less here since he doesn't use Jackson anymore. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Boxcar Yoshibelle Willie - that's cute! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah, I'm sure he COULD use the $, but I'm sure Jackson's ho-hum attitude when he got robbed bugged him too. Why don't you like hearing about Alexi though,
                      Yoshibelle?
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think Alexi is way overrated, and I hate both of his bands. I bought Hatebreeder by CoB, and took it to a used CD store and sold it the next day. It was the worst album by far that I've ever bought. And why shouldn't Jackson have anything but a ho-hum attitude when his guitars got stolen? Would they give me some new guitars if MY Rhoads were stolen? Maybe I'm just skeptical because I don't see what all the fuss about this guy is-but after all, this is only my opinion, so this could be the worst thing to ever happen to Jackson/Charvel and I'm missing it. Oh well.

Comment

You have your right to your opinion, that's certain. However, as for Jackson
                          replacing your Rhoads vs. Alexi's, I'd say because he was endorsed by them and the theft story got a lot of play, it'd be great PR for them. Are you endorsed by Jackson? If so I'd expect them to do
                          something to help you too. If not, then
                          yeah, ho-hum.

If you feel he's overrated, I'd ike to hear the players you feel should be getting that attention instead. I can always use tips for new players to check out.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

And why shouldn't Jackson have anything but a ho-hum attitude when his guitars got stolen? Would they give me some new guitars if MY Rhoads were stolen?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, are you a record-selling, touring artist in a popular metal band?

Fact is that Alexi and Roope attracts people to Jackson guitars. Why do you think Jackson decided to sell cheap 24-fret Rhoads guitars in Finland? In european metal circles, Alexi is a big name.

That Alexi has turned to ESP despite him thinking they suck, sucks. Now there will be even more kids telling me how "Jackson sucks", since Alexi "left them for ESP".

'bane

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
                              Does it really matter what these guys play? Did Slayer somehow become less Slayeresqe when they switched to ESP?...............
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, they did! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X