hetfield on the 9.98 cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hetfield on the 9.98 cd

Anyone got any idea what he was using for that album? Post Puppets so probably Mark 4's and gibsons, no espee's or emg's yet either. right? I like it.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: hetfield on the 9.98 cd

Kirk and James pretty much used their live gear for that album as far as I know. They used Mesa/Boogie Mark II C+ heads(mark ivs werent made until the early 90s) with Marshall cabinets loaded with 65-watt speakers. For outboard gear, both of them used a Furman blackface PQ-3 parametric equalizer(you can even see it on top of Kirk's amps if you look in the garage inc booklet) and James used an Ibanez UE405 rack effects processor. I'm not sure about all of Kirk's outboard get back then, but I know he at least used a Crybaby and an Ibanez Tube Screamer.

Guitar-wise, James had two Gibson Explorers-his main one with the Zorlac Skateboards sticker, and the "More Beer" one that was loaded with EMGs. He probably used his Jackson King V as well. Kirk probably used his two Fernandes Strats equipped with Charvel necks, and his '74 Gibson Flying V and his Jackson Rhoads Custom.

[ January 14, 2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Boxcar Willie 84 ]

Comment

MkIIC's not Mk3's?

Comment

Yes, Mark II C+s.....I have two interviews with Kirk saying that these were his favorite amps back in the day.

Comment

those things are way inflated now, have seen a few go on the bay for 2K+

Comment

There's a reason for the inflated prices - in the opinion of many, they're the best sounding amp Boogie ever made.

John Sykes used two of them in stereo through a Boss chorus pedal to get that awesome sound on the "Whitesnake" album, too. They're damn good sounding amps.

Mike
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I always heard Sykes used a mark III Colliseum head on the Whitesnake album...

Pete

Comment

John Sykes

[ January 15, 2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

Working...
                X