Doug Aldrich joins Whitesnake!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Aldrich joins Whitesnake!!

Just saw it on Coverdales' site: Doug will join Reb Beach for Whitesnake 2003 tour.

Re: Doug Aldrich joins Whitesnake!!

I reckon, sooner or later, we'll all get a chance to play in Whitesnake! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hope that doesn't mean that Traci G is back in Dio!! Aaaagh!..

Comment

Traci G string BLOWS
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, I lhave a live Dio album recorded with Tracy g on it. That D*ck likes to play with his pedals, not with his guitar. He molested every song on that cd and tried to do a live solo which reeked of gayness and overuse of delay.

Comment

Aldrich posted a letter on www.ronniejamesdio.com reassuring everyone that he is NOT quitting Dio...he is just doing the one Whitesnake tour and will then go into the studio to start work on the next Dio album. Supposedly, Coverdale has been talking with John Sykes about working together again.

I heard a recording of Coverdale doing "Burn" onstage with Glenn Hughes a couple of years ago on The Mark and Brian Show, and his voice is way shot--I can't imagine how he's going to sound on some of that Whitesnake stuff. He can still sing well in his lower register, and his recent mellower solo album was pretty good, but man, he is NOT a heavy rock singer anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
              Aldrich posted a letter on www.ronniejamesdio.com reassuring everyone that he is NOT quitting Dio...he is just doing the one Whitesnake tour and will then go into the studio to start work on the next Dio album. Supposedly, Coverdale has been talking with John Sykes about working together again.

I heard a recording of Coverdale doing "Burn" onstage with Glenn Hughes a couple of years ago on The Mark and Brian Show, and his voice is way shot--I can't imagine how he's going to sound on some of that Whitesnake stuff. He can still sing well in his lower register, and his recent mellower solo album was pretty good, but man, he is NOT a heavy rock singer anymore.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hopefully he was having a bad day on Mark
              and Brian; many singers have trouble singing early in the A.M.. If that wasn't it, then let's hope he's recovered
              from whatever shot out his voice at that time.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Aldrich AND Beach? Wow! Coverdale continues his fine tradition of having twin guitargods on-stage. Vandenberg/Vai was pretty awesome [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Coverdale just doesn't have his high register available anymore. He was always basically screaming/shouting in that register, anyway--his technique was never that great. In reality, he's a baritone whose voice is lower than mine is. If you listen to the "Restless Heart" album from 1997, you can hear how much he's straining on the higher notes. Still, he is a classic singer, and I'd go see the tour if it was coming anywhere near Washington DC, which it is not apparently doing. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I always thought his straining in the high registers made his singing sound really cool. You can really hear the effort and muscle put into it, you know. I mean, Coverdale isn´t a screamer like Sebastian Bach, but more of a blues/rock-guy.

Granted, I haven´t heard him in years...he might have lost i all now, like so many other old heroes [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

dumb question...anybody here on the forum have a copy of the lion album w/aldrich playing? i think it was called damgerous attraction...i'd like to score a copy if possible...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I would rather see Sykes.

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart:
                          dumb question...anybody here on the forum have a copy of the lion album w/aldrich playing? i think it was called damgerous attraction...i'd like to score a copy if possible...d.m.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey bro - I've got all their stuff. Including the "Powerlove" album which basically has most the tracks from "Dangerous Attraction" and "Trouble in Angel City". Shoot me an email with your addy and stuff and I can get some to you. [email protected]

Comment

Chris,

I there a song called Never Surrender on any of those albums? I tryed for 3 years to get that song and finnally got it off of KAZAA, but wanted to know if that is Doug playing on it.

The song was from a Movie called the Wraith and apparantly the sound track has been out of print for YEARS! I also couldn't find any Lion stuff either.
                            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

You know what - I'm not really sure, but for some reason it rings a bell. I'll have to check. Hey - by the way, I have a cdr copy of Cold Sweat, and the original tape too I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X