• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Prototype News :)

PROTOTYPE - NEWS UPDATED 01/10/2002
    -----------------------------------

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1. THE HEADWAY FESTIVAL

We're very happy to announce that PROTOTYPE will be appearing at the first ever HEADWAY FESTIVAL in Amsterdam, Holland on April 5th. This two day festival will feature other bands such as FREAK KITCHEN, BUMBLEFOOT (featuring the amazing Ron Thal on guitar), BALANCE OF POWER, SUN CAGED and many more from all over as well as instrument clinics, music vendor booths, etc.

This will be PROTOTYPE's first European appearance ever.
    Please check out their website at www.headwayfestival.com for all related festival information including the venue and other bands playing. We're also planning additional shows in Europe immediately following and those will be announced in the weeks to come.

2. RECORDING PROGRESS

As we've mentioned before, we're in the midst of finishing up the recording for the next release. It was previously announced that this would be an EP. We've decided to release this as an actual album, with 10 tracks total. This new album will feature former PROTOTYPE drummer Damion Ramirez and contain 7 never released tracks and 3 re-recorded PROTOTYPE/PSYCHOSIS classics.

Distribution is in the works and when we have concrete info we'll announce it.

VINCE
    KRAGEN
    KIRK
    --------------
    PROTOTYPE
    www.prototypeonline.com

Re: Some Prototype News

ooooh, Bumblefoot. Thal is a freak! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

so Prototype goes international. I see an Aussie tour on the horizon [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

mmm... This goes AGAIN!
      [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Sun Caged!!! Marcel Coenen is a monster! I wish I live over there!

Comment

Sun Caged that dude is in a Satriani tribute band right...? he is a shredder. I was listening to Prototype yesterday "trinity" ...I like it more and more ...sometimes it put me in mind of Nevermore and that a Good thing with me. Great Guitarist in that band . Who is that I would like to tell him.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, Marcel is in a LOT of bands actually. He has a Satch tribute band, and 2 original bands I think.

Comment

Bill, were you asking who the guitarist for Prototype was? It's the guy who started this thread - Vince L (Lombardi? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] )
              JCF'er and owner of a sweet 7-string V [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Ahaaa... Well then, I guess I just told him. Nice work Vince.

Bill Z Bub...the clueless
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Vince Levalois & Kragen Lum are the guitarists, and both sport seriously sweeeet Custom Shop 7 strings. I love Kragen's soloist. Great colour, great inlays, it's just.....great [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Vince and Kragen are both friends of mine, and last time I talked to them about it, they DID have sweet 7 strings, but they didn't have any songs that they played with them, due to the difference in tuning. Last time I saw them play, which was over a year ago, Vince was playing his King V and Kragen had a soloist, both using EMG's and Boogie's. They are playing their first show in forever next month, and I'll try and remember to add to this post what they were playing. Unless Vince pops in here and tells you all first.

Comment

Working...
                    X