Jackson / Charvel sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson / Charvel sightings

I've had the Metal Blade 20th Anniversary Box set for a few months now, but I recently had a chance to watch the DVD that comes with it. It has a bunch of live videos and some regular MTV-type videos on it, and there were a few Jacksons and Charvels among the bunch.

1. Armored Saint " No Reason To Live" Live-1984
    The late great Dave Pritchard playing what appears to be a black Jackson Dinky .........2 hums, floyd -type bridge, 3 knobs ,bound ebony board with dots, pointy headstock. The best though was the outfits they were wearing....leather, studs, metallic shinguards, knives strapped to their legs. And Bush with (long) hair!!!!

2. Omen "The Axeman" Live-1984
    The lone guitarist is playing a Charvel Star. Hard to tell what color it is with the stage lighting and not so great picture quality, but I think it may be gold. 1 hum, 1 knob, floyd-type trem, maple neck with pointy headstock. Looks very f**kin' cool! Stars are awesome!!

3. Lizzy Borden "American Metal/Godiva" Live-1986
    One guitarist is playing a white Charvel Str*t...pointy headstock, ebony board with dots, floyd-type trem, single hum. Also, the "Lizzy Borden" logo is placed between the pickup and neck.

4. Six Feet Under "Revenge of the Zombie" Live-2001
    While the bass player is thumping on a Charvel 4-string bass, the guitarist is playing a badass black Jackson Rhodes with reverse headstock, floyd-type trem, 2 EMG's and sharkfins. Could'nt tell if it was a USA or not, but still killer! There is also a video of Six Feet Under from 1997 where the guy is playing an ESP. Don't know if this is a different guitarist or he just came to his senses.

5. Cannibal Corpse "Staring Through The Eyes Of The Dead" 1994
    One of the guitarists is playing a black Charvel Str*t, pointy headstock, toothpaste logo, sharkfins, Dead Kennedys and Blag Flag decals. But the sad part of this is the other guitarist. Playing an Ibeenhad Rhodes ripoff!! Pinstripes, cheesey shark tooth inlays......nasty in every respect!!! You'd think the Charvel player would have straightened him out!

There are also some cool B.C. Riches, a bunch of Gibson Explorers and V's , and your assorted Les Pauls, Kramers, Carvins and others. The vids took me back to the days of the old Empire Rock Club, The Trocadero and Tower Theatre here in Philly. Ahh, those were the days!!Anyway, if you get a chance, check it out. The least you'll get out of it is a few laughs!! GO EAGLES!!!!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson / Charvel sightings

Cool !
    I just have some additions. The guitar player from Cannibal Corpse with the Charvel at that time must be Rob Barrett. I think there is a post here where a friend of him is selling this guitar on ebay.
    And the guitar player from Six Feet Under also has a yellow soloist which is also very cool.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Damagecase27:

4. Six Feet Under "Revenge of the Zombie" Live-2001
      While the bass player is thumping on a Charvel 4-string bass, the guitarist is playing a badass black Jackson Rhodes
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

RHOADS
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

See, this is why I've been lurking on this board for over a year but rarely post.............I spell 1 word wrong and I've got some f**kin' English Lit major like RacerX bustin' my ass. Never mind that my post was pretty long, thought out, and, in my opinion, of interest to some people on this board. 1 spelling error( and I do own a USA Rhoads) and I get cutesy little graemlins (is this spelled right, professor?) givin' me the finger and carrying "I'm with stupid" signs. Real nice.A simple "Hey Dude,
        you spelled "Rhoads" wrong " would have sufficed. Must be nice to live a perfect life. [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

Comment

hahahah Hey dude.. Just ignore him. That's what we all do! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Troy.......not really upset. Just felt I had to reply. To be honest, after typing all those words, I'm kinda pissed that the only word I misspelled was the name of a guitar that I own!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Cheers! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I rode on a road to get a Rhoads. I crashed my car in the water. I then got a paddle and rowed myself to shore. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                I rode on a road to get a Rhoads. I crashed my car in the water. I then got a paddle and rowed myself to shore. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ROFL. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Damagecase, I think that guitar of David Prichard's that you're talking about now belongs to Rob Witte-check his site at www.jacksonmuseum.com. If I get a chance later I'll post a direct link to the page that it's on if I can-there are some great pics of that guitar there!

Comment

I know that Steve Swanson is a Jackson guy too. I mentioned him to Kevin as a possible endorser once. If you check their site you can see he's using an SL3 in natural and some random RHODES ROADS RODES. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah Willie, that sure looks like the one. I think those pics of him playing it might be from the video I saw, although the quality wasn't the best. I didn't think it was a Soloist since it had 2 hums. I have a copy of "A Trip Through Red Times" on CD-ROM (it came with my import copy of "Revelation") so maybe I'll pop that in and see if he's playing it on that. Then again, maybe I'll wait until the DVD comes out this spring and grab it. I remember seeing a Fender Strat and maybe a B.C.Rich on there but my memory is a little fuzzy. Thanks, man!

Comment

FYI - Pritchard's Jackson was a two-hum Soloist, with dots, scallops (from 12 down, I think) and a Kahler. It is the one at JacksonMuseum.com.

RIP, Dave - we hardly knew ye.

Mike

[ February 05, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Michael ]
                        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Here is another sighting-Rivers Cuomo from Weezer used a white Charvel Model 2 that he repainted purple in Weezer's early days....it can be seen on Weezer's site if you are interested.

Comment

Pantera's Cowboys from Hell and Cemetery Gates clips both show Rex with a white Charvel Bass.

Comment

Working...
                            X