Alexi Laiho Quote from the Old Board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexi Laiho Quote from the Old Board?

Before the big board switch, there was a discussion about Alexi going on, and some said:

"If I were married to Kim Goss, I'd Become an alchoholic too."

Or something very close to that. I'd like to use this in my sig, so if anyone know what/who I'm talking about, please speak up! Thanks guys!

LC

Re: Alexi Laiho Quote from the Old Board?

I don't like Kim Goss. She backstabs.
    [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

..which is beside the point, and doesnt help the topic creator in any way at all... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The lord conqueror, go into my profiles, you should find a space there where you are able to type in a signature
      Cheers

Comment

And yours is as well, Alexi! [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

He's looking for the exact quote, not how do to sigs! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I have to agree here with Racer. She is on my poohead list..........

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Probably for a different reason than mine, eh Accept? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know about backstabbing, but she's pretty mean.

Comment

She's a donkey, who get frustrated when there is a real woman on stage beside her.....Rule of thumb for playing in Sinergy: Must not be prettier than her, ie:ugly as hell; must not distract any attention from the audience or other band mates, since she is the centre of the universe.............

Comment

hm.. I think Alexi Laiho is prettier than Kim.. and he sings better.. but Kim is good with Sinergy etc so she's allright on my list..

and this doesn't help the topic creator at all sorry [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Alexi is one of the worst "singers" I've ever heard...........In fact Kronos from Venom, was better........Now thats sad........

Comment

Well duh of course you won't like his singing if you don't like death metal vocals.

Comment

alexi is a bad singer ! Accept2 the 80's are over buddy , 80's clean singers are nothing more than specialty coffee , if you think that that classic metal stuff is gonna come back big with the clean vocals you should start packing you bags now put your axe in it's case and walk on home . the heavy vocals are the way right now of the future and will be for a while . I like the clean stuff too but it's done as far as any major sucsess . //Steve

Comment

there are a lot of things deemed "the future of...." that I don't like. I don't see a problem with continuing to enjoy what I like. Just because Alexi's vocal style is considered "the way of the future" doesn't mean that it's good, or that I have to enjoy to that style of singing now, or even put up with it. Nirvana was the way of the future once and I was never sucked into that hype either.

I like good, strong vocals by guys who can actually sing. I want to listen to more guys like Dickinson & Halford & Jeff Scott Soto & Dio. You can keep those nasally whiners like Vince Neil, Bret Michaels, etc. Give me some real singing anyday. I want every guy in the band to kick arse, not just have superb musicians with vocals(?) thrown over as an afterthought.

I've been very pleased with some of the bands that Bill & others recently recommended in that other thread. That's the sh!t I want, not just rehashes of Number of the Beast. Kick ass current metal bands with "clean" vocals. I haven't been able to hear all of the stuff recommended yet, but I'm definitely looking to buy CDs from Angra, At Vance, Edguy & Symphony X for a start!

And just about everybody I know is sick of hearing about Sinergy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

"the heavy vocals are the way right now of the future and will be for a while"

Death metal vocals were around in the late 70's and early 80's. Bands in Germany like Grave Digger, Celtic Frost, and bands in other European countries like Bathory, were doing this stuff along time ago. Its old hat. Things always come around. No one wants to hear a clone of a clone of a clone. People want to hear singers that sound like individuals, and thats why death metal vocals never lead a band to success, unless you consider minor labels, and living in a van success. The major labels all want the 80s to come back, but its up to the listeners to get bored of rap, and other trash before they can bring them back. As for death metal, and bands like COB, think what you want, but in terms of what is selling in todays market, these bands dont even make a blip in the radar. So, not only are they not the future, they arent even acknowledged by the majority of the people on this planet........The future will be a band that has appeal to everyone, and it wil open the floodgates. That band will most likely be Def Leppard, or a reasonable faxsimile of.........

Comment

hey don't get me wrong like I said I LOVE clean vocals too and for example one of my fave albums right now is armageddon embrace the mystery , if you haven't heard it download it or buy it man it rules [chris ammot's from arch enemy other band] but right now the heavy vocals seem to be the new thing with technical guitars and brutal drums witch is cool as well , but as far as the iron maidien / halford [witch I also love] kind of stuff sticking around for the long hall or a new band doing it now I don't think it'll last it's sad cause every other country loves it just not the USA and Canada , funny that it's top 40 over there compared to here . lol . //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X