Cannibal Corpse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannibal Corpse

I dont know if they are popular around here but i was wondering if anyone knows what amp / pedals they use [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] . I know the lead guitar plays a USA BC Rich Beast/Warlock. And the rythme sometimes plays ESP and Jackson. Thats all i seen when they were playing live. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Cannibal Corpse

well, currently, a USA jr.V i belive. as you will see on ebay, a ex corpse guitarist is selling a charvel frankencaster of sorts. as for the band, they are skilless bandwagon jumpers who cant hold a candle to death, morbid angel, carcuss, deicide etc. but hope that helps a little. dont know about the amps.

Comment

Jack Owen uses a crate full stack and a digitech rackmounted effects unit. Pat O' Brien uses a marshall full stack with a mesa rectifier head. Guitar wise Jack Owen uses a Shecter seven string and a Brian Moore six string. Pat O' Brien uses a custom BC Rich V seven string with EMGs. I saw them in Atlanta last may [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Comment

Deicide better than them? Gimme a break. Deicide is a joke that wasn't funny 10 years ago. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I'd hardly call them skilless. No more so than Morbid Angel, who has never impressed me at all. I agree on Carcass though. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

on the DVD they play the Costum BC Rich jr.V with Beast headstock (7-string) and the other guy erm.. he has a gibson les paul of somesort and he also uses a 7string.. damn I can't remeber the name.. schecter has the same model only it's a different brand he has..

Comment

Pat O'Brien plays a Mark IV head, and Jack Owen DOES use Schecter 7s and Brian Moore six strings. Pat also has the USA Jr V 7 and a 6 string one. Jack plays through a Digitech Artist 2102 and a Marshall poweramp if I recall, with Crate cabs. O'Brien plays through Mesa cabs...this straight out of the Guitarshop issue with their gear setup, minus the Schecters. Jack has an endorsement with Schecter if you check out their page.

Comment

BTW What DVD are you talking about? Live Cannibilism? If so there isn't a Les Paul to be found anywhere in that DVD, you mightta confused his Brian Moore for one though...

Comment

I seem to recall seeing a Les Paul like guitar on that DVD also. I know he was using it on hammer smashed face and a skull full of maggots.

Comment

black-the one thing you cant say about deicide is that they are posuers. those guys are true blue satanists, and though i find anyone who thinks they are a satanist hillarious, you at least have to respect they practice what they preach. heh, we should all get on the chat at about 9 pacific time and have a massive speed/death/black metal arguement and discussion.

Comment

I saw Cannible Corpse about 5 years ago and one of them was playing an Ibanez Jem 7 string that was black with green knobs and pickups.

What was funny about that show was it was a show of about 6 bands and I was hanging out in this loft area where the sound guy was and a small group of us drinking watching the show. When the crew was done setting up and sound testing, these guys sitting around my area that I was shooting the sh-t with get up and go on stage! I was talking to them and didn't even realize it! I never seen what they looked like (other than Ace Ventura) before that!

Comment

There are no 7 string Jems... the 7 strings Vai has are called Universes... and sadly... that particular model seems to be the one many Ibanez fans hate! I dunno why though.. it looks cool to me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

a good ibanez? isn't that an oxymoron? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Cannibal Corpse were awesome! Sadly, their best album was the last one to feature Chris Barnes on vocals... The Bleeding. Chris finally was able to be understood on that album without having to follow along to the lyric sheet! I also love Deicide as well!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry I called it a Jem. I thought it was a Universe (really, I did), but wasn't sure, then was going to call it an RG, but knew it was way off and I may get my balls handed to me for calling it an RG series guitar...lol. Whatever, you knew what I meant.

Toejam, I am into Deicide as well. Especially Deicide and Legion albums. After that there are only a few select songs I really like. I still would kill to see them (one of the few bands I never saw). Glen Benton may be a real Satanist, but he always gives me a good laugh in how serious he takes himself.

[ January 02, 2003, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

i wish so much that chuck was alive now...i would have loved to see death. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X