Arch enemy equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch enemy equipment

alright I looked at their homepage and I can see that they use 5150's thats what Ive got and marshalls, but the pics are so bad that I cant tell what kind of marshalls they are ..was wondering you guys knew ...in a magazine I read that michael amott likes to just use 100 watt heads and just do the foot pedal thing, but I find this pretty hard to believe that that sound can come from a damn foot pedal.
    that must be one hell of a pedal...what brand of foot pedal does that? and if you say metal zone
    im going to shoot myself!
    I just got my 5150 and Ive had it for about a week and a half but so far all Ive got for good tone out of it is alot of really loud fuzzy gain and a **** load of feedback so far Im kind of disapointed.. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] if you guys could give me any examples for settings Id certainly appricaite it. i already have an ultrafex but its noise reduction dosnt do jack **** and its exciter dosent do much ethier.. I hope I didnt make a big mistake buying this amp [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] thanks

I just dont see how marshalls could have that much gain.. i dont know mabey they do.

Re: Arch enemy equipment

I posted this earlier...

They use the 5150's live (in the studio an Engl as well) with the following pedals:
    a boss tuning pedal
    a boss digital delay
    a rocktron hush unit
    and christoffer is using a morely wah pedal if I'm not mistaken...

couldn't see for michael but he seems to use a pedal or two more than his brother...

Comment

Michael has an old Maestro eq pedal...I saw them play a couple of years ago with Nevermore and at that time him and chris used nothing but Crybaby and a cord ...That's it and they actaully sounded better. I hung out with Mike for about three hours , partied on their bus and the works....

So I don't have a 5150 now but I nailed his tone to a T when I did , let's see if I can recall the settings...
      Gain was at 6 bass was at 6 mid was 4 treble was 6 Presence was close to off and resonance was all the way up. Please not that this head sounds best with it's matching Peavy 4 12 shefield cab...I suggest a Dunlop 535Q wah...good luck!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

This is directly from their website:

Michael Amott - Lead Guitar
        Guitars: ESP (Japan custom shop) "Flying V"
        Pick ups: Seymour Duncan "Jeff Beck" Humbuckers
        Amplification: PEAVEY 5150
        Strings: D'Addario (11,15,18,32,44,58)
        Effects/Pedals:
        Vox wah pedal
        Boss "DD5" digital delay
        Ibanez "AD9" Analog delay
        BOSS "TU-2" Chromatic tuner
        Hush "THE PEDAL" (Noise gate)

Christopher Amott - Lead Guitar
        Guitars: Caparison (Japan) "Christopher Amott/Arch Enemy custom model"
        Pick ups: 2 Seymour Duncan Hotrails in the neck and middle position and a "Caparison" humbucker in the bridge - designed by Itaru Kanno at Caparison Guitars in Japan.
        Amplification: PEAVEY 5150
        Strings: D'Addario (11,15,18,32,44,58)
        Effects/Pedals:
        Boss "DD5" Digital Delay
        Hush "The Pedal" (Noise Gate)
        Boss "TU-2" Chromatic Tuner
        Jim Dunlop "Rotovibe"

They also use Hughes and Kettner Duotone's and Engl Ritchie Blackmore model amps.

Comment

Arrgh! Someone e-mail Arch Enemy and tell them that their website has the wrong pickups for Michael!

Seymour Duncan didn't make a "Jeff Beck" model. "JB" stands for "Jazzy/Blues" or "Jazzy Bluesy", but definitely NOT "Jeff Beck". Word from the good folks of the Seymour Duncan forum!

My post asking the question about what "JB" stands for.

[ December 30, 2002, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Number Of The Priest ]

Comment

JB is for Jeff Beck what are you smokin'.....I want some [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No doubt - I don't care what the Duncan forum says, "JB" means "Jeff Beck". Don't believe the (new) hype, the name came from the pickup being based on a pickup that Seymour wound for beck at some point in the '70s - and Duncan's own advertising used to say that.

Mike
              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

No matter what, I've always referred to it as just the JB model. Plus, I'm lazy, and JB is quicker to type than Jeff Beck. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Guitar-wise, Christopher also has a yellow-ish (dont know colour name) Gibson Explorer, and Michael has a White Les Paul with gold hardware and a little switch where the bridge tone knob should be and another in between that and the volume switch. He plays it in the video for 'The Immortal'. Dont know if its a Gibson though...
                  I know you wanted amp info but I just wanted to tell someone that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

James

Comment

heres pics of the pedal boards amps and guitars
                    http://archenemy.cybernet.be/instruments.asp //Steve

Comment

with those 5150 knobs you can see what the settings are at on the amps cause these pics were taken at a show some where I figure //Steve
                      [talking about the post aboves link]

Comment

http://archenemy.cybernet.be/instruments.asp see if this works cleve it should , let me know //Steve

Comment

No, it doesn't work here, it goes to the hosting companys site. I even shortened the URL to just the root URL and it's bad.

Does it work for you??? Possibly just in your cache? Not sure...

The official website is:

http://www.archenemy.net/

I'll figure what you have is something else with different info?

[ January 13, 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

The link worked fine for me.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

THat's weird... I get a page that sez:

FreeWeb-Hosting.com - Get your FREE web space.
                              .FREE Unlimited disk space
                              .FREE Unlimited transfers
                              .FREE Domain Hosting
                              .FREE 24/7 Real FTP Access

If you run into a wrong site and need help, go here!

| Home | Bookmark This Site | Contact Us | Help

Comment

Working...
                              X